hi im sure their are post on this somewhere but please humor me

i think i even did a post asking for help on this around the time the editor's choice update came out. I'v slept sence then so i don't remember. I saw the sticky already I downloaded thr plug-in obj2max already. I'm on a trial version of 3ds max 7 if that makes any difference. what i wish to do is take 2 exsising ut2004 models and splice parts but i know nothing of how to accomplish this. I have a good idea and the limited knoldge iv gauned from skinning and a few tutorials here and on the second ut2k4 dvd. i do not have modeling expirence or a computer degree in anything um just a shmo with an idea and no clue how to do it any help links tips ANYTHING would be greatly appricated.

I'm takeing one more shot at trying to pull this off. i thank you for your time

couple of things:

if you are a beginner i strongly suggest you start w/ the tutes that came with your max 7 trial b4 attempting to do anything with it just so that you become familiar w/ the interface and know where everything is

if you are using max 7 you donot need the obj2max plugin max 7 already recognizes the obj file format
    Aint that some ...

ok my reply simehow ended up as a new post........!