Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Incredibles' 2-disc Collectors Edition

Coming out March 15, 2005 - can't wait! I love all the behind the scences and 'the making of...' stuff on the se DVDs. It looks like I won't be disappointed -

* WIDESCREEN VERSION

* FULL SCREEN VERSION

DISC 1 BONUS FEATURES:

* FEATURE DIRECTOR/PRODUCER COMMENTARY
    Featuring Pixar Director Brad Bird & Producer John Walker.

* FEATURE ANIMATOR COMMENTARY
    Featuring several key Pixar animators from the film.

DISC 2 BONUS FEATURES:

* "JACK-JACK ATTACK"
    Here is an all-new, never-before-seen short film! While the
    Incredibles are off saving the world, Jack-Jack, the youngest member of the Incredibles' family.....

* DELETED SCENES INCLUDING AN ALTERNATE OPENING
    Witness the evolution of Pixar filmmaker Brad Bird's vision of The Incredibles ...

* "INCREDI-BLUNDERS" -- BLOOPERS AND OUTTAKES
    Even animated characters make mistakes. Laugh along with the cast ...

* TOP SECRET FILES ON ALL THE SUPERS
    For your eyes only!

* THE MAKING OF 'THE INCREDIBLES'
    Venture inside Pixar with writer/director Brad Bird, from his first day at the studio ...

* MORE MAKING OF 'THE INCREDIBLES'
    Further explore the artistic and technical evolution of The
    Incredibles in this series of documentary shorts. Highlighting the various filmmaking departments at Pixar ...
    Watch this never-before-seen, "lost" cartoon featuring Mr. Incredible, Frozone ...

* MR. INCREDIBLE & PALS COMMENTARY
    Join Mr. Incredible and his pal Frozone as they watch this "lost" cartoon ...

* CHARACTER INTERVIEWS

* VOWELLET -- AN ESSAY BY SARAH VOWELL

* PIXAR'S ACADEMY AWARD(R)-NOMINATED SHORT FILM "BOUNDIN'"

* WHO IS BUD LUCKEY?
    Meet the creator of "Boundin'...

And more... It looks like it will be fun! More info
    here.
    Last edited by johnswan; 01-24-2005 at 08:17 PM.

SWEET! There's already a spot reserved for it in my collection

In these days of HD, 16 x 9 screens and presumably intelligent consumers, I don't understand why they still bother with Fool Screen. Ah well atleast they're including the proper (I assume anamorphic) widescreen version.
    Paul Holm
    Toronto

"The potato peelings in the sink, did not turn into vodka as I had hoped." - Mishka Shubaly

how did i know DVD archive king paul would be posting.

Commentary looks good, better than finding Nemo, wonder what animators will be on it, hope carlos is one of them and bobby (boom) beck, brilliant animators.

Cant wait for this DVD, still havent seen the movie and have been avoiding all trailers and ads for it. Only seen about 30 seconds of it, i have no idea what is install for me.

After Finding Nemo, and Return of the King, im too afraid to goto the cinema with a pg rating. ROTHK was brilliant, it woulda been better if my first experience wasnt hindered by the 5 kids who repetitively kept kicking the back of my chair and kept on saying "is this a good bit....nahh, harry potter blah blah ....".

So like i said cant wait .
    site

insert witty comment here

Originally posted by Paul Holm
    In these days of HD, 16 x 9 screens and presumably intelligent consumers, I don't understand why they still bother with Fool Screen.
    bah, - and bah to you
    some of us haven't yet upgraded our measly 14" cathode tubes for more 'intelligent' viewing technology
    (some of us are poor students without loans)

I looks forward to watching The Incredibles in glorious 4:3 now

Around here only the 16:9 versions are available for us to buy. The distributers don't care about 4:3 versions. We don't mind about the black stripes on the top and bottom of the screen. And we think about the future: we don't have a wide screen tv now but we'll get on in the future.

If I'm buying a DVD I want to see the whole movie. Not 2/3's of it re-edited by a studio hack and the resulting image blown up and reduced in resolution just to fill up "Joe six-packs' " 14" portable.
    Paul Holm
    Toronto

"The potato peelings in the sink, did not turn into vodka as I had hoped." - Mishka Shubaly

OOOO something i have to get. I was hoping the Incredibles was gonna come out soon and here it is The special features sound very cool. Looking forward on checking it out once it comes out
    ~*Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age and Dreams are forever*~Walt Disney
    ~*its not what you are doing but who are you doing it with that makes the difference*~special man .LURM.

Originally posted by Paul Holm
    If I'm buying a DVD I want to see the whole movie. Not 2/3's of it re-edited by a studio hack and the resulting image blown up and reduced in resolution just to fill up "Joe six-packs' " 14" portable.
    I thought Pixar re-rendered their movies so they looked ok in 4:3?

I am sure I saw a few screenshots from a Bugs Life that demonstrated it. They take the characters and move them closer together an re-lay it all out so it isnt cropped.

Anyway...Finding Nemo had a great commentary so this should be another awesome package too. I cant wait...

Yup, I know they did that with A Bug's Life. I believe Finding Nemo only came in wide screen (at least the version I have). I have to agree that Pixars' reworking of A Bug's Life was the only case where 4 x 3 actually added material to the original film. Of course being a totally digital creation would be the way that could be accomplished.
    Paul Holm
    Toronto

Yey! I'm definitely getting it! Though I'll wait a little while for the price to come down.
    Put the stuff in the stuff n stuff.
    I drive the "There's a radio in my fingernail...CAR!"
    What page of The List are you on?
    I have been confuzzled!
    There is something there! Yes, but we don't know what that something is.
    Oooh! Look at my pretty desktop. I dont' care what you think, I think it's pretty.
    I want Zak's hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <Something> Darn it captain! I'm a Maya user, not a doctor.
    I eat at Taco McBurger in the Box!
    Cardboard Box Transforme Time!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast