Unable to try out maps in UnrealEd

Tjo,

I was just learning how to make some very basic animations and matinees, when suddenly unrealed wouldn't allow me try out maps anymore. What happens? Well, when I press the joystick icon and go ingame, the counter for "The match is about to begin! 3-2-1" starts automatically (without me doing anything, which is very odd, since I should have to click in order to make it start), and then when the match has started, I'm moving around as if I was a spectator. If I use UT2004 and not UnrealEd then everything works as it should, but not if I use UnrealEd. I don't think it has anything to do with the spawnpoint since I can add in bots. Anyone knows whats wrong?

Thanks

Regards
    /Kenchu

Maybe it's because of a "Matinee Gametype" (dont know exactly)
    You should have a look at the Gametype in the Level Properties. In oder to walk around use "xGame.xDeathMatch"

Good theory, though it cannot, and wasn't, like that really. It doesnt matter what map I load. It could be DM-Antalus, My-Own-Map, ONS-ArctictStronghold, it doesnt matter. The counter still starts automatically and Im acting as a spectator.

when i click play from UnrealEd to launch it always errors and i have to restart from computer
    so i just save it and then open UT , alot easier

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

I don't know the exact reason why this happens, but you should be able to hit escape and click join and test the map out. I had this happena few times with a map so I clicked join a few times and then the problem went away. It probably has something to do with a setting in an .ini file somewhere, not really sure.

ffejnosliw,
    hmmm, well that works too. Good tip! It definitely works at least. ^^

This is really cool. Didn't know I'd get answers so fast. Thanks guys!

London, England, UK, The World, The universe
    Originally posted by ffejnosliw
    I don't know the exact reason why this happens, but you should be able to hit escape and click join and test the map out. I had this happena few times with a map so I clicked join a few times and then the problem went away. It probably has something to do with a setting in an .ini file somewhere, not really sure.
    No idea where but i know for sure it does rememeber your last status

ie spectator or joined

its because your of the game type you are using. Just go under View and then Level Properties. There you can set the game type under LevelInfo. For instance:
    Deathmatch game type you would enter: xGame.XDeathMatch

To get a full list of the game types you can use, open the actor browser and then make sure that "Placable Classes Only" is turned off. The browse under:
    Info->GameInfo->UnrealMPGameInfo->DeathMatch

If you select one of the game types you will see in the titlebar of the actor browser something like "Actor Classes - xGame.xDeathMatch

That shows you what you need to enter into the LevelInfo field.

I hope that helps!
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors