Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by FredRayburn
    Paul, you got no wife to do your cooking?? or do you just like to be independent and do your own biding? just curious
    Isnt that a little sexist? My wife doesnt cook for me (but then she's veggie and Im not )

As for the tofu - I just asked and the nicest tofu she had recently was some store bought that came in a sauce. There was sweet and sour and a couple of others so I think marinating or cooking in a strong sauce is the answer.

The other alternative is to eat soy foods if you are health concious. They can make that taste like all sorts of things (so Im told) and so it doesnt all taste like rubbery nothing.

Originally posted by FredRayburn
    Paul, you got no wife to do your cooking?? or do you just like to be independent and do your own biding? just curious
    I grew up in a house where if you were hungry you learned how to cook. I enjoy cooking. That way I get exactly what i want
    Paul Holm
    Toronto

"The potato peelings in the sink, did not turn into vodka as I had hoped." - Mishka Shubaly

Originally posted by Paul Holm

I grew up in a house where if you were hungry you learned how to cook. I enjoy cooking. That way I get exactly what i want
    Same here.

I was actually thinking of doing some cooking video tutorials.
    Just simple stuff that anyone can make.

Cfser
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

check the chinese/asian grocery nearest you Paul and look for fermented tofu

also try frying it either deep fried in canola oil or pan fried in ev olive oil

or you could try after marinating (try italian seasoning) grilling it

Food Network - Tofu Recipes
    Aint that some ...

Deep fry it and then when its fried nicely (so its not rock hard, just crunchy on the outside) dip it in some sweet chilli sauce.

Or

Batter it in tempura and dip it in chilli sauce.

Or Get a vegaterian cook book, but evan better would be to learn how to cook traditional chinese food as this uses alot of soya produce and vegatables as much as it uses meat.

Also Soya reduces colestoral so I dont think anyone should knock it.
    Well I don't have anything else planned for today, let's get drunk!

just took a look at all the cook book thad have tofu i got but they are all in chinese so if you can read chinese i will post them

Trader Joes is selling an awesome Tofu ice-cream sandwich. So... it's vanilla flavored tofu ice-cream wrapped in a soft cookie, but it doesn't taste like tofu at all.

Talking Tofu Update

For those who care I have an update

I asked a friend who works in a restaurant and he told me to try pan frying it on high heat in a non-stick skillet. So last night I got some extra firm tofu (that made a big improvement in the texture) marinated it in spicy peanut sauce, and pan fried it with a bit of sesame oil. Man it was tasty. Not quite steak but it made a great sandwich. I'll be doing this again really soon.

Thanks for all the ideas.
    Paul Holm
    Toronto

"The potato peelings in the sink, did not turn into vodka as I had hoped." - Mishka Shubaly

Did you make the spicy peanut sauce yourself?
    And if so care to share the recipe?

Cfser
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

Nope, it was store bought peanut satay sauce.
    Paul Holm
    Toronto

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast