Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    yeh, im another 'old-time' member, whos been here for a long time...i dont see myself leaveing here, its a great resource....and i still can remember the days where it was under 50000 members :P...that was something...

i love going around and seeing all of the star people who are still around. . i am still wondering what buzz had in polan for the people with stars. I usually miss a lot because i jsut got into school and stuff so i havent been doing much itn eh 3d area. But i am going throught eh c++ vtm's and loving them. It is actually helping a bit with my java class too.

I hadnt really thought of myself as an 'old time' member but looking at it Im the 22nd highest posting member here. Damn...

Still as I said - I stay for the community

Well, I've been here a while. Signed up right around the big boom of those TechTv nerds... Even though at the time I had no idea what techtv was...

But yeah, I think it's possible to outgrow the site rather easily. You come here as a begginner artist, get the vtm's and learn super fast. Then all of a sudden, you're like hey, I want to be someplace with more pro's around, and head off to some place like cg talk. But of course that type of person typically doesn't hang out as an active part of the community. Because the community here is pretty much why most of us are still here. I haven't watched any new vtms in... months now, but yet I'm happier than ever, and still expanding my skillset because of the community at this site. So for me, it's not possible to outgrow 3D BuZZ.
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

I think it's possible to outgrow the general level of information for your particular app here, but the community and forums are still worth it to stick around.

Admittedly I am spending 70% of my time these days at CGTalk learning about Mental Ray shader writing and because of the approaching Animation Mentor school, but 30% of my time is still spent here answering the odd question or just chatting. I don't think I'll ever actually 'leave'.
    Read the new (constantly expanding) Mental Ray sticky thread for info on Mental Ray in Maya! It includes a FAQ, Glossary, a list of tutorials and info on the latest MR shaders!

Click here to see my showcase page.
    And here to see my Maya tutorials (7 so far).

well ive been here almost 3 years. This was my first online community, after i found out you could make stuff in 3d, it wasnt long after i found this place. I understand your fustration Addis, i have felt the same when i see other VTM's come out.

But i think what this place dioes instead of making VTM's is insipring people, and letting us know getting a career in this industry isnt easy (big understatement. Even though ive been here for 3 years, i can only say ive have been learning 3d (seriously ) for about a year.

I expect everyone to move on to do other things, some peoepl going to college/uni, some getting a job etc. But i think like me they will always comeback.
    site

insert witty comment here

I love it here....its definately a daily thing for me and I don't see why I would stop. 3D is a very cool hobby that I really enjoy, and what better place to share that then here!
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

....!!!...

I'am never gonna be too old for this, exept maybe when I can't see the screen anymore

I've been here for quite a while myself, (almost 3 years it seems). And even though things have changed dramatically from those early days (way back when Demondo was just a commoner ), this is still a great community. In terms of skills and professional development, I still find that these forums are a great place to search for answers and you'll usually get the help you need. (and not just 3d related either). And I like to help out myself, to help the newcomers grow and develop the skills so that our community and the industry as a whole gets stronger, faster.

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri
    But yeah, I think it's possible to outgrow the site rather easily. You come here as a begginner artist, get the vtm's and learn super fast. Then all of a sudden, you're like hey, I want to be someplace with more pro's around, and head off to some place like cg talk.
    That's true... BUT, it's better to do like I do and hang out at both here and cgtalk... The level of community and like minded folks seem to be about equivalent both here and there... but here actually seems funner... and of course, here you can get new vtms as they come out!

I think that advanced vtms would be an awesome way to go... and some of the vtm sessions already have that... better to master some programs than know a little about all of them and have no mastery over any...
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast