Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Do you ever.... "outgrow" 3DBuzz?

I just want to hear your opinions and thoughts about this, then I'll post my thoughts on this matter.
    My eyes are open, yet I continue to dream....

never *fullstop*

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

Some do, some don't.

You see a few people who decide that they only want to be around people of their same talent level and move on. Maybe some people leave because they're sick of the high population of young teenagers in the community.

On the other hand you have a lot of people in thier twenties and thirties who stick around and enjoy everything the site has to offer. Just look at Derek returning. That's a prime example of an "older gentleman" still loving the site.
    www.RonnySouthwood.com
    IGDA Member and Volunteer

Well, since Maya is the only thing I really use 3dbuzz for anymore...and I haven't opened Maya in 3-4 months because I feel like I'm so terrible at it and there's no one to help me...I never go one anymore because I dont have any questions\answers.

But occasionally I'll take a look around.

Addis

Originally posted by Addis
    Well, since Maya is the only thing I really use 3dbuzz for anymore...and I haven't opened Maya in 3-4 months because I feel like I'm so terrible at it and there's no one to help me...I never go one anymore because I dont have any questions\answers.

But occasionally I'll take a look around.

Addis
    Sticking at it when you hit a rut can be hard. I had one just a short while ago. I thought I'd got to a stage where I just needed a professional teacher to help me get better, but after just finding something I wanted to model I just got stuck into it and practised and experimented with different techniques.

Just try to stick with it, Addis. Having no confidence can kill your work. Just compare yourself to people who have only been modelling for a day. Go back and do some beginner tutorials and see how much faster you can do them now. It'll build you back up so you can get better.
    www.RonnySouthwood.com
    IGDA Member and Volunteer

Like has been said, some do, some don't. I was one of the earlier adopters on 3D Buzz, and I have still stuck around for all of its phases. I generally enjoy the site. Plenty of great people on the site as well, and probably one of the most friendliest forums around.

As for truly outgrowing it, well, there are people of all ages on here, so....

I too am one of the oldest members here, and I loved it here through the good and the bad. I can see how people grow out of 3dbuzz though. Especially with a community like cgtalk right around the corner from here. I think this will always be the place newbies go to start learning stuff, because of the VTM's. Let's hope that in a month or so, the more advanced stuff will attract some more experienced people too.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I guess i've been here a while too. I havent watched a VTM for aaagesss, so I guess I hang around for the forums? (the software I use has a very small userbase here as well XSI, silo, messiah etc)

As for outgrowing, nah, I'll probably always be around here.
    Giggidy! Giggidy! Giggidy!

I guess I'm quite an old member too - and I can''t see myself leaving just yet

Leave BUZZ
    Not as long as im breathing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast