Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Whats the best way to advertise yourself on the Web?

Whats the best way to advertise yourself on the Web?

- Without pissing anyone off and without spending a lot of money.

Let's say I'm a self employed artist with limited resources and I want to attract customers.

I already have a Web site, but it's not helping me to find enough work. I need to advertise myself more. How?

Thanks in advance,

Phenom

well you could start with having a signature on all the forums you post in that links to your website.

that might help but not greatly.

submit your site to the major search engines

www.yahoo.com
    www.google.com
    www.altavista.com

try and get other sites with similar stuff as you to link to you and you link to them (like affiliates)

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

Site's like CG Talk and Deviant Arts have notice boards that many professional developers read over while looking for new talent. That's a great place to start.

Posting on a popular artists forum and getting yourself known in the community is a good way to make new friends and contacts who can help you out with anything they may come across.

Good luck!
    www.RonnySouthwood.com
    IGDA Member and Volunteer

Put your site in your email sig as well... that may help... its free and easy.

I've found that forum signatures help the most... basically because most search engines (like google) rates the websites depending on how much is linked and how high is the rate of the site that's linking you, so if you're linked (your signature) in high ranked sites (like cgtalk or 3dbuzz), then your site will show up higher in related searches..
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri
    banner exchange programs work somewhat... word of mouth is really good... forums are too...

I despise em, but they do work at least in getting you a higher google rating...... click exchange programs...
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com

Seriously dude.
    The more time you spend posting in popular forums, the more traffic you will get coming to your site if...
    1, Your signature has a link
    2, Your site has enough good content and it is updated often - Weekly is good.
    3, Your work is very good.

Post in WIP forums every time you get a new project. It lets people see what you're up to as well as it gives you objective critism that helps ya improve.

Pimp your work everywhere at every opertunity. Try to show the world how hot your are. You know the old saying... "build it and they will come."

I hope that helps
    W I N T E R A C T I V
    also known as sicksurfer and surfermcd
    www.winteractiv.com

I've always had some pretty good luck posting on Flipcode..... http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/fcmsg.cgi

anonther thing is get yourself known around the community. Offer some low price of free work to advertise yourself. Most people dont want to buy art unless they can add a brand name on top of it and a price to match too. I mean you can still do stuff for people making games and such but for most practicality people want to use art to attract attention to sell something.

worst comes to worst, do what some game makers do. pay a really hot girl to advertise your work.

edit: you could also at least add your site to your profile...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast