Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pirate ship (WIP)

Been at this for sometime now. WHat do you guys think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ship.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	36451  
    As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
    Albert Einstein

BTW. I was messing around with it last night and textured the hull. Looked great in maya, but when I exported it to Ued. The UV's were lost or something. I used the same texture in Ued that I had applied in maya but in Ued the texture was friggin huge on the model and not tiled etc. like in maya. Any ideas or can ya point me to a tut.
    As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
    Albert Einstein

HOW MANY POLYS IS IT?

Ued will have a melt down when you try to import it.

Originally posted by Max_Damage
    HOW MANY POLYS IS IT?

Ued will have a melt down when you try to import it.
    hehe - I was about to say the same thing! But damn if it doesnt look good as a model.

As for the texture problems - I dont have any experience with Maya so I cant help - sorry

whoa... awesome model! if it were a little lighter, it would be more visible for detail... (for me anyways...) i'd love to see the textures!
    - Rik

Great model, but polycount is enormous.
    I think you could make nice still.
    With sun rising on horizon, or a storm with big waves.

Wow, lots of detail. I like it. Could you maybe post a GI render of it so i can see it more, the last one was a little dark
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" -- Albert Einstein.

I forget where i read that, somewhere here i think =)

As long as I take it into Ued in parts its great.....FPS are great on my machine anyway. The top half of the ship is one part and the hull and lower another part. Works great. But I feel that its gonna take me twice as long to texture it as it took to model it. I can model fine, but the whole texture UV thing eludes me. Guess its time to order some Gnomon DVD's
    Albert Einstein

I know at least if you are using the PLE (which I know you arent) and you are exporting it as a mesh, the UVs are flipped vertically. Maybe check that out?

The model looks great by the way.

You might want to break the ship into more meshes, especially the rigging where you have basically multiple identicle features (if not, make em identicle). You could even scale some meshes to fit (lengths). The more modular you make it, the better the FPS and easier to control collisions (individual simplified collision models for each mesh).
    Also, remember if a player sees one poly of a mesh, the engine must render than cull the entire mesh, and may even allow you to optimize using antiportals and zone groups.
    Otherwise, looks ARRRsome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast