part of texture corrupt

hi everyone

i have a rectangular shape and have rounded the edge at the front of it by splitting the poly and moving vertices before smoothing.
    Unfortunately, i have the problem you will see in the included image file below.

when rendered I dont get the texture 'from a file' on the stripped part of the object and other parts apart from the front(under the striped part).
    The striped part i was seeing in the maya window. It is not the rendered image.

This is the rendered image

you can see that the circled part in red has the desired texture in the lower part on the front but not on the rest of the object.
    help me obee 1 kinobee

Also, the blue circle shows the outside of the camera lens. The texture looks really flat and boring. Is this a problem with my colors or my lighting or...???

thank you
    Last edited by defunkt; 01-20-2005 at 09:30 PM.

It's really hard to even guess anything by that picture. We would most likely need multiple angles and/or a higher resolution picture.

As it is now, I'd say it looks like there's a huge face penetrating the model which shouldn't be there.. In which case, you can just select it and delete it.
    Dan 'pezz' Kronholm.
    Currently working on: The MMO class!.
    Previously working on: Game called "Boom Bots", while learning Unity and C#. WIP thread here.

Dude
    There are no uvs assigned to that face/s. The texture is probably on it but its uvs need a bit of a tickle.

_TO

thanks outlaw

i cant seem to find 'how to tickle uvs' in the help menu for some reason. Maybe i mistyped 'tickle'

sorry bro
    im a low level user and am still a bit confused
    would you mind giving me a bit more info on the 'tickle' method?
    Do you mean 'create uv sets'?

thanks
    Last edited by defunkt; 01-24-2005 at 09:27 PM.

I think you deleted some of the UVs in the model.
    Select the weird faces & do a Projection/Mapping on them can solve the problem.

Hey Defunkt

Sorry I apologies, its just my slang use of words. What you need to do is do a projection map, planar most likely in this case as LeoCat has said. Just do it on the Y axis for now as thats what it looks like it could be from the screen shot. Then once youve done that apply your texture again. You'll be able to scale the uvs for the face/s in the Texture editor and if all is good you should be able to sew it back in.

I'll try not to use bad wording in future, I just didnt realise you were new to Maya. Sorry once again.

All the best

Outlaw

that worked

thanks guys