View Poll Results: You lookin forward to the Mod Maker's Handbook?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - having an all-in-one resource saves time searching for it, and you learn from the pros.

18 81.82%
  • Nah - Its only for beginners. I'm a mapping Genious. I wrote my own book.

3 13.64%
  • Tellurye, your Hitman movies stink so this book won't even help you (you guys will hurt my feelings if you select this one)

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    well the preview of the book that i got when i got my copy of the game sucked so i would have to say so will the official version
    Aint that some ...

in what way did it suck? too general, or just stupid stuff that won't help?

lets just say it looked like a glorified game manual

in other words if the webpage didn't help the books not going to either
    Aint that some ...

I might buy it just so I can pretend I HAVE a manual.. heh Stupid cheapass lil piece of cardboard..
    A Lot is two words.

Considering that i know almost nothing about Modding in HL2, and I am planning a HL2 mod right now, I can't wait to see this. Hopefully it will be more than just fluff...
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

Originally posted by general_disaray
    Considering that i know almost nothing about Modding in HL2, and I am planning a HL2 mod right now, I can't wait to see this. Hopefully it will be more than just fluff...
    Just keep reading these forums and the other usual-places, and keep playing around in Hammer and by the time the book comes out, it'll be below you.
    A Lot is two words.

I can't imagine it's going to be too valuable unless you don't ahve an always on internet connection. Otherwise, you can probably depend on forums and even the Buzz VTMs which will arrive in time. You'll be able to ask question about anything you don't understand in all these enviroments.

Simply put - don't waste the money.

has anyone heard anything on the grapevine on when Source vtm's might be available?

last official words was "when they were done" and "when they have time"
    Aint that some ...

If it is Fluffy suck you will hear it here for sure...If you dont want to waste your money wait till its out...its not looking good though...but pre judging is nearly as bad as believing what it says on the cover,in the ad,or review.I sit in big bookshops and read stuff for hours taking notes casing out books,and when Im really sure its good I'll buy it.Usually secondhand though from Amazon or Ebay resellers if possible(sorry bookshops)Ive bought books that are £49.99 here in the UK and had them sent from the US secondhand including postage for £12.Once this happens to you ,you really have to think abut everything you buy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast