Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Smile Get the VTMs!

Get the VTMs! You will not regret it! I've wanted to learn to program for a long long time, but the tutorials on the Internet are difficult to understand, or at least they are for me, but watching the VTMs I can SEE what they are talking about. I'm almost on Intro to C++: Part II, so I am not very far, but I am actually LEARNING!
    I am using Dev C++ which is a free compiler on the Internet, so you don't have to worry about purchasing some expensive one. Only if you use Dev C++ you have to go to File>New>Project>Console Application and put your code within the existing code like this...

#include <cstdlib>
    #include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {

YOUR VTM CODE HERE

system("PAUSE");
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
    }

So I highly recommend them. Due to the fact they are visual lessons I have to take a great deal of notes, but that actually helps me to remember what I've learned.

I spent about 2 months saving up for the VTMs, because I'm on disability, hoping that they would be what I expected. They were. They are just what I was looking for.

Well I just watched the introduction video before I came to class today and all I can say is I love the way these videos work. It's nice because most of the time when I am watching any of Buzz's VTMs and I am having some confusion with what they are saying Buzz comes in and asks a question or clarifies what is being said. How can you put a price on knowledge?(Meaning these VTMs are worth every penny) Buzz's VTMs are the upper class of training videos.
    Last edited by Grinch78; 09-12-2005 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Clarify Statement

The VTMs are really great and very good explaination for beginners. I tried to learn C++ about 2 years but when i reached pointer, i didn't get it so i stopped programing cuz i started when i was 13.. i watched the pointer lesson of the VTMs, it made me understand more but since it got to function with the pointer argument for the char type, there is something confusing without any explaination. All of them are great, once again.. thanks!

joel rushed it i think

i just think that joel guy rushed some things with this , like he dosent want anyone to undertand apart from him and jumps on the the next part.

Quote Originally Posted by Anddos22
    i just think that joel guy rushed some things with this , like he dosent want anyone to undertand apart from him and jumps on the the next part.

wouldn't it defy the porpuse of this being a "course" ?
    he is there to teach... if you don't understand... where is the teaching?

KM
    "Things are like they are because thats how they are suposed to be"

nothing he dose is so complex that a little reading would not clarify it enough even for the least inept mind on this god-forsaken planet.

Let me just add that the people who made the VTM's also made the C++ forums!

Feel free to ask any questions that you have about the VTM's in here, and we will try to answer.

I'm not sure it is that he doesn't want to convey the concept, it's that if he were to explain EVERYTHING it would take a hell of a lot longer than what they had planned.

When you teach, you cannot take time for granted. Some things are inlcuded, and some are left out. In this case, it was kind of like taking concept A, and adding concept B and creating concept C. If you teach A and B, then C shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and thus, it was probably a time saving measure.

Just my two cents tho

Personally I enjoyed the vtm's. I was already learning c++ at the time but i still decided to buy the vtm's which was a great investment. Joel actually saved me from totally skipping the debugging process. I thought it was hard but was corrected upon learning how easy it was. The section that confused me the most was 'pointers'. I don't know why that baffled me for so long. My favorite sections are structures and classes. I didn't actually start on the evil monkeys game but I'm gonna get started pretty soon. Great Job Guys!

i'm at issue 2/lesson 04 now atm and so far almost everything has been very clear and rather easy to follow track of, or if not a re-viewing cleared things out, really great videos!
    Although the session "Pointers" I still haven't been able to understand fully and it really bothers me, watched it 3 times now and I only get the first half of it or so. I think the lesson is kinda messy, or perhaps I'm making it more difficult than it is dunno

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast