Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    i cant even get evil monkeys 2 to build and work so it displays a level. i have learned loads about C++ after moving to it from C# but its hard as nails and the will in me has been drained to zilch.

I had a lot of fun learning these vtm 1-5 in C++.
    I was using VC++ 2010 with the wxWidget 2.8.18 (was using a newer version, but it didn't work as it should)

I know that these videos was old and outdated on some points, and I also some time truckled for a day or 2 to figure out why I had errors since your code was working fine.
    But that didn't stop me, I used those times to get to know the debugging system and work around for me to get the code to work again, which in my opinion was a great learning experience as well. (Still loosing a hair or 2 on my head of all the scratching)

In the vtm5 bonus content at the point where you tests the implements of mana potions, My game crashed when loading a game.
    I didn't find anything in the thread of information and it was really not easy to find, but after an hour or two, I found it. that was due to draw engine where it was drawing the background tiles. It only checks if the char is not a 3 and when the map had a 4, it crashed since there were no tile image with 4, so that was easy to fix when you FIND it

Anyway, all in all........ 9 out of 10, loving it and will recommend it to other that wanna learn C++.

Kind regards
    Satis
    //Satis

Quote Originally Posted by percent20 View Post
    Post here about how much you gained and what you thought of the videos.
    Videos are best option for learning programming.
    Videos are help lots to learn programming language to beginners. Learn very quickly by video tutorial as compare to eBook or other resources.

I have only been through issue 1 and 2 (and looked for the porting one) and have found them excellent

i have 3 years experience in computer field specially website field i learnt a lot from computer or online on you can say that i totally learnt from internet watching video tutorials and all that. video tutorials are the best classes for students i've attended

could anyone tell me what is the best way to create android app without programming knowledge ?

Pay someone on fivver. Make a programming friend. ??

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920