Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The VTM's were a great help to me. Im in my second year of university and was still struggling with C++, but I do have a much better understanding now.

I did get confused in the 3rd Issue though, as the guys seemed to sneak some code in off camera for the conversion of EvilMonkeys from ASCII to wxWidgets. I kinda lost track at that point.

The first 2 Issues are great for going back to. I constantly improve by going over them again and again.

Dave.
    DAve::why do I have to waste time sleeping?

Talking

they did not sneak in code....just left out the video....if you need that code i think i have a link to it somewhere...

http://ostamo1.serveftp.net/evil_mokey_code.html
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

I think all that needs to be said is that I'm jelous of anyone that has access to these vids. They would have made university sooooo much easier... learned a lot even though I already had my degree
    confused by earlier errors
    bailing out

Thumbs up C++ programming

learning C++ is like learning a foreign language, once you undestand the basics of the language it starts falling into place and you are able to progress at a more rapid rate. Another thing that is helping me learn C++ is to write a program in modules and then program it and then debug it. Debugging seems to help me learn more than anything.
    Last edited by Big-Chuck; 08-01-2005 at 02:11 PM.
    Houdini Student

Yes debuging is wonderful, because it does 2 things one pisses you off 2 makes you learn how stuff works.

What is good about being mad is it motivates you. I know when I get a particularly big bug that I can't leave my computer till it is fixed. I don't know how many times I almost didn't make it to the bathroom because I did not want to leave. Cuz i wanted to fix the problem.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Well I bought the VTMs last night so we shall see how well these help me. If they are anywhere near the quality of the Unreal VTMs I should be in good shape. This thread helped me decide to spend the money or not so thanks for all the feedback guys. Down the road after I become better with C++ I might buy the OpenGL VTMs.

the c++ VTMs where awesome. when i watched them, i already knew the c++ language, but they hepled solidify my knolage and be able to apply it to the real world of programing. i would suggest them to anyone who needs eather a) a good foundation in c++ after you already know the language, or b) learn c++ itself...

there is no you, there's only me.... NIN is awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by percent20
    Yes debuging is wonderful, because it does 2 things one pisses you off 2 makes you learn how stuff works.

What is good about being mad is it motivates you. I know when I get a particularly big bug that I can't leave my computer till it is fixed. I don't know how many times I almost didn't make it to the bathroom because I did not want to leave. Cuz i wanted to fix the problem.
    ah, dude, this is kinda off topic, but i remember when i was working on a bug in DirectX, and i was up from about 3PM to about 9 or 10PM (i am not kidding) working on this, only stoping for the bathroom, dinner, and coffee. the problem was that my user interface in directx would NOT respond to mouse input. well, as it turns out, i had the wParam and lParam mixed around inside the winproc callback

Quote Originally Posted by ostamo2
    they did not sneak in code....just left out the video....if you need that code i think i have a link to it somewhere...

http://ostamo1.serveftp.net/evil_mokey_code.html

Say, just curious, but do you still have this video? This link seems to be invalid now ..
    Randy Wong

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by randywong
    Say, just curious, but do you still have this video? This link seems to be invalid now ..
    http://ostamo1.serveftp.net/evil_monkey_code.html
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast