Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I actually haven't seen the C++ VTM's on this site, but I had a look at the noise deformer video that came with a 3d world magazine.

Coming from a hardware programming background using only C, I found that not only did their training video give me a basic idea of C++ and object orientation but it also gave me a good insight into setting up and organising .net which I never really through myself into.

The vtms are amazing, it's great to have them for me, because I tried to get into c++ by very different means and finally I've made it, made my own little c++ game right after the end of the 2nd vtm, you can download it here (it includes source) it's very simple but still am proud

Any news of more c++ vtms, if there are am buying them.

Edited by percent20
    Thread for testimonials not questions please ask in main forum. Thank you.
    Last edited by percent20; 02-09-2005 at 09:41 AM.

nice

nice Vtm, very helpfull

to download the c++ VTM'S YOU NEED TO BECOME A MEMBER SPONSOR
    OR BUY THE CD'S YOURSELF FROM THE STORE

oops sorry about the caps
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

Personally Im having a hard time understanding them, at least when it comes to the syntax of the code and what they mean. I did some web tutorials online and they helped alot to understand what the vtms were saying. But some stuff I can't understand either though I have watched it so many times.

Living forever is a scientific possibility! Immortality, eternal youth or life extension is within reach! Check out the website at The Mprize

You're going to need to get a book on C++ or read some stuff on the web if you want to learn it. The videos walk you through, very fast, on how to get up and moving. However, if you've looked at the assignments, you'll see that not all of the knowledge you need to complete them are presented in them.

Think of it like a lecture in school. You need to go to the lecture and read the material in order to understand it all.

Quote Originally Posted by owensd
    You're going to need to get a book on C++ or read some stuff on the web if you want to learn it. The videos walk you through, very fast, on how to get up and moving. However, if you've looked at the assignments, you'll see that not all of the knowledge you need to complete them are presented in them.

Think of it like a lecture in school. You need to go to the lecture and read the material in order to understand it all.
    Thank you for your words owensd, they truely are encouraging .

Living forever is a scientific possibility! Immortality, eternal youth or life extension is within reach! Check out the website at The Mprize

Thanks... don't know if you're being sarcastic or not because after re-reading my post, I sound like a little rude... I didn't mean to be.

What I meant was that you'll get it with some time and practice.

Lol, I really meant it, no sarcasism here.

IMO the VTMs are priceless.

They are the best way to get started on C++ and Game Programming. This is the fastest way to go through C++'s basics and actually using the knowledge to do something meaningful,

in books they'll let you do simple examples like cats and dogs, and small console programs that don't really mean anything.

These VTMS let you actually get your hands dirty on C++ and it actually teaches you how powerfull C++ can really be. When you start getting into more complex concepts like friends, templates n stuff Joel slowly guides you towards them and introduces them to you when he needs it in the game.

This is how C++ should be taught. Buzz, Joel and Dan are the best C++ teachers i have.
    visit my site:artellectual.com

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast