Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Many Thanks for VTM's

I learn quicker by watching someone else do it and then doing it myself. These videos are a perfect way for me to learn. I've already watched the first episode which was mostly (well done) review for me. I can't wait to see the rest and learn more about C++ programming. Like so many before me, Ive got several hundreds of dollars of books that are either over my head or the same basic review of stuff I already know.

I hope you guys will be inspired to do another series of VTM's for C++ coding.

Thanks

Im New to C++ and i have learned greatly for the video tutoirlas better than reading a load of boring ****

Question What is next step now?

I have bought a "Bundle offer includes C++ issues 1 to 6 for just $149.99" and watched all the videos how to make a evilMonkey using Win32 console application as well as in OpenGL. After watching and running the project, my understanding in C++ is becoming very clear and solid. I want to do another project like this so I can gain a broad knowledge how to implement the advanced C++ features in my own new game. Anybody helps me out what would be the wise next step to take.

Thanks.

One of the best learning resources i've been able to find. i definatly recomend having this as one of your guides to learning Cpp though i would recomend you have more than one resource these make a great way to learn new concepts of the programming language. It's just a shame i'd already been throw a couple of books before finding this could of save my self days, I actually learnd somthing in the first one that the books failed to mention.

this part is for anyone that may be wondering what i could of picked up in hello world.
    (Std::func, instead of using namespace std

I have just began the first few free vtms.. I think this is going to help me out a lot. I have been studying a few books trying to get a good start. I just cant afford the full set at the moment. So far i really want these, maybe someone will buy me a set for xmas

i am so glad i foud the site i have been trying to learn how to program in c++
    and this videos are great thanks 3d buzz

these are gret tutorials, but i think there is a slight problem

in the tutorial on the file C++ - Issue 2 - 5 Classes, they say that objects are created and destroyed ordered by the FIFO (First In First Out) type algorithm, but it is juts the opposite, they are created and destroyed usinig the LIFO(Last In First Out). This is the only "complaint" i have up to now for the tutorial, besides this, these VTMs are the best way of starting to learn about the c++ lenguage programming.

So has anyone gone through all the 6 issues yet and can post opinions on all the series? I see most people are still working on issue 2 or 3.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Adryan
    So has anyone gone through all the 6 issues yet and can post opinions on all the series? I see most people are still working on issue 2 or 3.
    i have gone through them all and they are very informative
    they teach you enough so you can go learn the advanced topics later

these videos are a MUST buy for the price that they are.

maybe when i get home i will upload some of the demos, and if it is ok
    with ffej i will upload a compiled version of his ADVANCED particle editor he made
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

Quote Originally Posted by LasloLosla
    The vtms are amazing, it's great to have them for me, because I tried to get into c++ by very different means and finally I've made it, made my own little c++ game right after the end of the 2nd vtm, you can download it here (it includes source) it's very simple but still am proud

Any news of more c++ vtms, if there are am buying them.

Edited by percent20
    Thread for testimonials not questions please ask in main forum. Thank you.
    thats not a game at all u can d/l. either way i found the vids pretty helpful compared to c primer and other sterile tuts. the ley ingredient here is laymans terms which helps everyone plus its like a class room with kids wanting to know more.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast