Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Post your C++ Video Tutorial Testimonies

Post here about how much you gained and what you thought of the videos.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

videos are wonderful

i spent 2 years trying to learn c++ and bought 600 dollars in books.
    but after watching the c++ vtms i learned enough to undrstand all the books i bought.
    they are very well put to gether and are wonderful for begginer programmers.

bye them now

DINK

I love programming, reading lots of books, understand programming concept but never able to build a project.

I felt so hopeless, useless and when i look at a programming book, it make me sick, they all repeat the same thing. I thought may be programming is not for me. I felt so dumb

This VTM, makes me love programming again. It interesting, funny, straight to the point.
    The vtm continue from the same code and enhance it, re-visit the topics with new materials, making it exciting.
    And at the end, you'll get the project that you can be proud of and show it to everyone.
    best of all, this forum, very one is so supportive, very helpful.

This vtm worth every penny. For all the students out there who said they don't have money (e.g me), this is the one c++ vtm that worth spend your saving on.

Lucky, i've make the right choice.

The C++ VTMs are definately great for someone new to programming. I didn't know very much going into them. I wasn't completely clueless but even when i was these would have been perfect. They go through stuff fairly quickly so you may have to back it up a bit from time to time or watch them a few times to catch everything but it is all explained clearly and never seemed confusing to me at all. Well so far anyways. I've only worked through the first 2 issues. I have watched bits of the others though and they all seem just as clear and understandable.

I used to get very frustrated with programming cause I know i'm smart but i just wasn't getting it. The beginning part was very difficult but once i started to get it, it really became pretty simple. It's like learning another language. At first you have no idea what anyone is talking about than you start picking up bits and pieces and next thing you know you finally make that D- in Spanish and get your foreign language requirement so you can graduate.......ok maybe that part's just me. Seriously though with these VTMs C++ gets a lot easier, way easier than spanish, for me anyways....

I have only been through issue 1 and 2 (and looked for the porting one) and have found them excellent. Although, even with a small programming background, issue 2 does get a little confusing.
    Last edited by percent20; 01-24-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Thumbs up

These VTM's are a great way to learn c++ and are very well done. I went into them with only some basic Action Scripting skills and that was all the programming ive ever done before them. After watching them I feel I have a great understanding of C++. They are well worth the money and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to learn C++ even if they have no programming experience at all.
    Great job guys

Guys this thread is for how they help you not content that you want. I am deleting the threads that are wanting some specific VTM's.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Cool Stuff / Game Boy Advance

Hello all,

I went thru the first 3 issues--they were pretty cool. They were one of the things that gave me inspiration to work on a game.
    Also...

-Phillip

Edited by percent20 -- please refer to thread above.
    Last edited by percent20; 02-02-2005 at 08:09 AM.
    Code. The result of coding. Coding. A highly unnatural high. Bugs. The result of not being directly jacked into a computer like Neo

What a breath of fresh air! Reading the books can get you so bogged down in one area you can't see the whole picture, but with these videos, it really encapsulates the main areas and then really helps you focus on the steps of building a game. Very nice since my biggest problem is going from nothing to having an actual application (game or business app).

I'm an artist and have been working in the games industry for the last 8 years.
    I've had a few brushes with programming in the form of "C++ for Dummies" and "C++ in 21 Days", but never got past the first few chapters.
    These VTM's are the thing I needed to get me past that hump. I'm only in the middle of the second chapter, but having an actual project as a goal is great incentive to keep going. I highly recomend these for anyone interested in learning some programming skills.
    The intructors are a little goofy (not nearly as annoying as the writers of "C++ for Dummies") and that helps things from getting too dry.

I think just getting a basic understanding is the key to doing so many things, and I can't wait to see where I can take it.

~Mike Dudley

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast