Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

My Latest Toy, Mustek H140, Anyone Got One?

A friend bought an archos PMR into work the other night and i loved it but it the price was too high for me, He paid £320 for the 20gb version. I went into my local special-reserve store the other day and saw this one for about 225, I was going to buy it but they were sold out, as were most of the stores near me, I was just browsing around a website when i saw it for £175 plus tax (about 210 with delviery) so i ordered one, Its just been delivered to my sisters house (i didnt think i would be in) so im off to collect it in a while... cant wait! wohooo! anyone got one? any comments?

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG...rh140_por.html

Very nice. I was thinking about getting something like that. Let me know what you think

Will do, I got mine from www.planetmicro.co.uk, It was £225 but i paid about 15 quid extra for saturday delivery, i only ordered it at 5pm last night. Normally it would be about £210 i think...

http://www.planetmicro.co.uk/product...ckcode=M004629

Arghh! lol, I just posted in another thread that i ordered sky+ in december for £205 and now its £99 and now i see that when i ordered this last night it was £205 and now its £197 inc vat! unbeatable price i think, plus they actually have them, most people are sold out... The staff were very helpful as well, You are supposed to order before 3pm for next day but i rang and asked and they pulled out all the stops for me, i ordered about 4.15pm... great service... nice guys as well

How long does the battery last? And does it use normal batteries or a special one made just for the player?
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

looks pretty cool. I think I would still prefer a portable DVD player though.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

Originally posted by neelz
    How long does the battery last? And does it use normal batteries or a special one made just for the player?
    I has a dedicated battery (I would of prefered AA NiMh's) the battery lasts 6 hours for video and 10 hours for music... pretty good, good enough for the average journey or for my breaks at work etc... ive just picked it up and it feels very well made, it has exposed screws which one reviewer didnt like but personally it gives it a chunky feel and i like it, im charging it now (3.5 hours). I looked at dvd players but this also plays mp3's and wma, has games on it, is a voice recorder etc and i dont have to carry discs around, i can store the films on the unit plus even thoughs its a bit like a brick it will fit in a pocket... each format has its own plus points of course...

6 hours? That's not bad at all. Might pick one of those badboys up for myself
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Thats the quoted life, probably less than that in reality lol, btw the thing ive just noticed is that the SD/MMC slot doesnt have a cover, it wouldnt of taken much to put a rubber cover or sliding door on it... gonna get full of dust...

Aren't we pretty demanding?

I called my local computerstore to ask if they could get it, going to be hearing back from them on monday. This media was reviewed in "Testaankoop", a Belgian 'company' that tests and reviews all kinds of stuff. Not only actualy products but how well the service is in a store or the quality of food and stuff. Anyway, they did a bunch of tests with other media centres and this one came out as number 1. Especially the screen was the best out there.

And the price... 203 pounds for a 40GB mp3/video player is just dirtcheap I think. I don't know how big a mp4 compressed file is, but isn't it better than a divx? And you can compress a movie at high quality, 720x480 to 1.2gig or something like that. So you can really fit a crapload of stuff on there.
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Mines gotta go back... the joystick that controls the menu is faulty, the cursor keeps moving around the menu of its own accord... i like it but this ones faulty, hopefully its just a one off problem... BTW the sound level is incredibly low, with a decent set of headphones its ok but it wont blow your head off... worth the money as long as i can get a working one! so hold fire for a while, i emailed planet micro yesterday but they havent come back yet, the thing thats annoying me is that i paid for next day delivery so when i send this back ill expect them to send the replacement by the same service. if they wont agree to this ill demand a refund...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast