FarCry blur effect

Anyone remember when you die or get hurt in farcry, the screen blurs and slowly fades to normal clear view again...?

Is it only me, or does anyone else think that the graphics are more realistic and truly AWESOME when everything is a bit blurry? I think I can compare it to normal 3d graphics, where things sometimes look better and more realistic when its not so "sharp", and rather more blurry and noisy...

does anyone know a hack or a console input that allows you to play the game with blur turned on all the time?
    Visit my portfolio: www.djportfolio.tk

althought i do agree with you that it looks more realistic, playing like that would not be enjoyable at all.

I mean...to a surtain degree... not totally blurry, like when taking off your reading glasses... I mean, just a little bit, to cover up some of the edgy CGI renders....
    Visit my portfolio: www.djportfolio.tk

Its called a screen filter.

Try this.

Open up the sandbox. and open a lvl, play the game and when you fall from a distance or die or something like that, hit escape. that way u can have a look around the map with that effect on, its pretty cool.
    My PC Case WIP

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz/OC@3.6Ghz RAM: 4x512Mb Dual Channel TwinMOS DDR400 PC3200 MOB: ASUS PC4800-E Deluxe GFX: Leadtek GeForce FX 5900 128Mb
    ROM: 8x48x48x24 Combo DVD/CD-R Drive HDD: 1x Seagate 40gb, 6x Seagate 120gb MON: 21" IBM Flat Triniton Tube CASE: Lian-Li PC-71 Black Full Server Case

However to make that effect stick, you would have to script it in.