Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hello and Welcome!

NOTE: This forum is designed for bug reports and problems with the new 3D Buzz application, BuzzNet. Before you read any further, know that while this forum is available to the public, the BuzzNet application is available only to a limited number of alpha testers and to our Member Sponsors.

So, what is BuzzNet?

BuzzNet is an online real-time Windows-based application that facilitates many new functions and will completely redefine how members interact on 3D Buzz. The program incorporates an internal chat system that comes complete with the ability to privately page any user currently connected to it.

BuzzNet will also be used to experience the upcoming 3D Buzz Online Classes, in which you will be able to watch instructional videos, complete projects, ask questions, and get video responses from the Buzz Crew! The first of these will be a new Online Class over Maya Fundamentals, which should launch in February 2005. More details on this will be coming soon! Ever wanted to take the Maya U4, and were unable to for any reason? This is your chance to take a similar class from the comfort of your own home!

BuzzNet also provides you with a Webcam Station where you can keep an eye on the 3D Buzz Crew and see what we're up to! Currently, there are three separate cameras that you can choose from to monitor the 3D Buzz HQ, with the possibility of more coming soon!

This application will also be the home of any future 3D Buzz Radio Shows, and the place you can go to get 3D Buzz Public Audio Messages, as well as all emailed 3D Buzz Video Tips!

BuzzNet will also eventually house a new Work In Progress section, which will allow users not only the ability to showcase their work, but will also include revolutionary new features that will allow the artist easier access to expressing their work, along with much more efficient methods to receive and keep track of feedback!

Many of the features are still in development, and the applicaiton itself is still in its alpha testing phase. As we release new updates of the app with large feature changes (rather than small bug fixes), we will try to list the changes here in this forum.

So what can you do in this forum?

The intention of this forum is to report any bugs or problems you, as a tester, might find in BuzzNet. As you find problems, post them here. We will keep an eye on this forum and use it as a basis to make the next release of the program as we continue to add more functionality to BuzzNet.

We currently do not want suggestions for new features to the application! Please keep your posts limited to the report of existing problems, and not the mention of possible new features!

I want to take a moment to thank Logan for all of his incredible work, and to thank all of you, the testers, for helping us make this application as solid as possible.

One last thing: While we are currently writing BuzzNet strictly for Windows, we are planning on exploring the possibility of porting it to Linux and Macintosh later in the future, once the app is complete. In the meantime, we will be making several of the features available on the Web!

Sincerely,

BuZZ

cool buzz

those are very BIG plans

can't wait to test somemore for yah buzz

awesome post buzz! one suggestion: the red is a little hard to read on the dark blue it's currently on. perhaps changing the color of text?

love buzznet, will continue to help with this where i can!

i would also like to respond to the "thank you" that you gave your testers:

Your Welcome and most of all, Thank You for being able to do this for a community of such large proportions!
    - Rik

I have to say, having been testing this for sometime now - I'm really excited by the new chapter which this app is going to help start at 3D Buzz. The Maya Fundamentals class will of course be awesome, of that I have no doubt - but the community around that can only be strengthened by the way in which BuzzNet has been devised to work.

Great stuff

cool...So this was the big plan

Cool just wish i was able alpha test this so i could have helped the community more. Oh well.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

I have been alpha testing too. I must say it's great you guys will love it .

Ive been alpha testing it to, and I think this app will be really good with the future of 3dbuzz. All the stuff thats integrated into it now is awesome and it sounds like it will only get better.

OK here is my first BUG report but I have the feeling that its not a BUG.
    I cannot login, getting "Login Error" everytime I try???

Originally posted by Huntere45
    I have been alpha testing too. I must say it's great you guys will love it .
    curious, how'd you get invited? reference? straight from buzz? how?

(i also, am a tester... it's great!)

edit: noticed the change of text... looks much better buzz! easier to read!
    - Rik

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast