Note: BuzzNet Under Linux

It is possible to run BuzzNet under Linux using Wine, but at the moment, there are a few known issues These are issues I'm coming across using wine-20041201-1fc1winehq.i686.rpm for installation. At the moment, I am not sure of any resolution.

- Rename the file in the BuzzNet -> System -> Skins folder to something other than what it is. Although the skin looks cool, it causes some problems wiht redraw issues when the application is minimized then maximized, or you are returning to it from another active desktop.

- When typing messages in the chat, with every key thats pressed, the message you are typing flickers. For example, when you start a message, the first letter you type may or may not appear, but it is there. If the first letter didn't appear, the seccond letter you type will and vise versa. This happens throughout the whole typing process.

- Playing downloaded videos from within the application does not function. A possible resolution may be to have configuration options available so that you can select your media player path.

These are just a few issues I noted that are Wine related, and were evident as of release 0.19.

EDIT: Still trying to find a solution using Mac OS X without going through Virual PC or another emulator that requires a Windows License. I attempted to try using Darwine but it wouldn't load the EXE due to an unrecognized exacutable type.
    Last edited by enygma; 01-13-2005 at 04:35 PM.

What about useing CodeWeaver Crossover office? have you tried that just to see if it might work?
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

I'll probably wait till I have my new workstation built before I start doing any more messing around.

Ok
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Re: Note: BuzzNet Under Linux

Originally posted by enygma
    [B]- Rename the file in the BuzzNet -> System -> Skins folder to something other than what it is. Although the skin looks cool, it causes some problems wiht redraw issues when the application is minimized then maximized, or you are returning to it from another active desktop.

- When typing messages in the chat, with every key thats pressed, the message you are typing flickers. For example, when you start a message, the first letter you type may or may not appear, but it is there. If the first letter didn't appear, the seccond letter you type will and vise versa. This happens throughout the whole typing process.
    yeh, so far, ive noticed these errors too, and im useing os x, with virtual pc

also, on a somewhat related note, i can access buzznet at school fine, but at home i cant access it, or even log in, it just gives me 'login timeout' errors, and in useing the same computer [laptop]

well i install wine try it and it runs just fine it update and everything work perfect the only problem is .... that when i type and hit enter nothing happens my input does not goes to the o_o but i see what other type...

i runing fedora core 3 try in kde enlightenment and gnome and that happens in all o_O
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.
    Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me at once...
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    http://www.vfxlive.com

Just a note, at the moment (version 0.22), there is a bug that is invoked through Wine that prevents you from being able to chat. I already noted this bug in a new thread and it is being taken into consideration for the next version.