Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Myst 5 BABY!

man I remember when I first played Myst....I was blown away. And then came Riven. I was blown even further away (especially that water...whoah!!)
    Myst 4 looked brilliant but I have played it yet (only the demo). Can't imagine how 5 will look
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

I've always wanted to play Myst but didn't know which one would be the best. Which is the latest; Myst 4 or Uru? Staples has both of these and I almost bought Uru but didn't. I heard that one of the Myst's was the same game as an earlier one but with better graphics. I would like to get the latest since it should be the best one.

Originally posted by neelz
    Yeah there's an aniversary edition with Myst, Riven and Exile that works on WinXP. Probably going to buy it. These really are the best adventure games out there
    The only one of these that I have played is the original Myst. But if you have Myst you would probably want to include the Zork series.

Originally posted by cyclinggimpe
    I've always wanted to play Myst but didn't know which one would be the best. Which is the latest; Myst 4 or Uru? Staples has both of these and I almost bought Uru but didn't. I heard that one of the Myst's was the same game as an earlier one but with better graphics. I would like to get the latest since it should be the best one.
    Myst 4 is the latest. The Myst with the better graphics is called realMyst. It's the first game again, just with some cranked up graphics.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Originally posted by neelz

Myst 4 is the latest. The Myst with the better graphics is called realMyst. It's the first game again, just with some cranked up graphics.
    So, Myst 4 would be the one to get? Sometimes I don't want to play games that involve killing, so I thought I would try one of these out.

you think myst5 is gonna be the last one?

Originally posted by cyclinggimpe

So, Myst 4 would be the one to get? Sometimes I don't want to play games that involve killing, so I thought I would try one of these out.
    I've only played Myst 4, so I can only comment on that, but I loved it. It's slowpaced though... really slow at some points when you have to go back and forth, even using the Zipsystem where you can kinda transport from one place to another. But I liked playing it
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Originally posted by METALHEAD1992
    you think myst5 is gonna be the last one?
    I hope it will be. Not because I don't like the myst games but I am afraid it would turn into another Tomb Raider kind of thing. No point in going overkill...well thats my opinion anyway.
    --Erin Majors

Originally posted by Arimus1

I hope it will be. Not because I don't like the myst games but I am afraid it would turn into another Tomb Raider kind of thing. No point in going overkill...well thats my opinion anyway.
    i dont think it will... i think that they are doing a good job... so far atleast, and myst4 was the 5th one! cyan worlds have not done a scimpy job on any of them... and i love the myst games....

and nelz... if you like 4, try playing rivin that one was my favorite

yeah Riven was a masterpiece...I really enjoyed that one. I found it quite hard though.
    --Erin Majors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast