Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myst 5 BABY!

Talking Myst 5 BABY!

EDIT: More Myst 5 Pictures added

My brother works for www.gamesplanet.be and just yesterday posted a news item about Myst 5. He got a mail from Ubisoft about it.

Cyan Worlds and Ubisoft are proud to announce the next chapter of the Myst saga: Myst V: End of Ages, which will be the culmination of all of the previous storylines. Due to the tremendous loyalty and spirit of the Myst community, and our appreciation for your involvement through the years of development of the Myst series, we are making this announcement to you first, before the official Press Release. Myst V: End of Ages will be a new pinnacle, continuing the beauty, drama, creativity and challenge which have been the hallmarks of all Myst titles. We look forward to sharing this new journey with you in Fall of 2005. And be sure to check back here for upcoming announcements and information about Myst V: End of Ages.
    And this one is going to based on a new version of the Uru engine, so you can actually run around freely instead of clicking through pre-rendered environments, cool eh?
    I loved Myst 4, still have to play the other 3 and Uru but I can't wait for 5
    Last edited by neelz; 02-20-2005 at 04:27 AM.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

interesting (not my cup o tea but ...) interesting
    Aint that some ...

I still have yet to beat 4, althought I will get around to it eventually. I actually don't mind the pre-rendered scenes, they look much more realistic then any real-time game. While playing Myst 4, I would have to take a few minutes to enjoy the beautiful worlds.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

All right! great news!

I believe there's a Myst collection out there Neelz which has Myst, Riven and Myst III in one pack. You might want to check out Uru: The Complete Chronicles aswell which is Uru along with its expansion pack, The Path Of The Shell. All brilliant games!

Yeah there's an aniversary edition with Myst, Riven and Exile that works on WinXP. Probably going to buy it. These really are the best adventure games out there
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I might have to check that out too. I have only played Myst and Myst 4, I heard Uru wasn't all that great though.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

There were people that didn't like Uru because it doesn't have the same gameplay like the other Mysts. This new Myst will have a similiar gameplay to Uru so I wonder what people are going to say about this one.

I heard that in Uru you get to go to the cavern of the D'ni, it sounds pretty cool to me actually
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I'm impressed ... I thought Myst had run its course but apparently not .. there is life in the old dog yet !!

I bought the collectors edition of Myst III, it came with the game guide, a making of myst CD, and a soundtrack album .. Neat
    So this would be where the sig goes then?

My ADP Site: http://adp.3dbuzz.com/amogley/index.html

They launched the teaser website of Myst 5. There's some artwork to see and a bit of audio.

http://myst5.ubi.com/us/

cool, thanks for the heads up
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast