Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Myst 5 BABY!

I bought Uru today since it was only $13 CDN (new). Myst 4 is still too expensive. I am finding it hard to see; it's too dark and I have the gamma set to the brightest. So, I am missing a lot of the Journey markers. Did you guys find it really dark? If so, what did you do to make it brighter? My monitor is set to the brightest setting.

Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Dang...looking good. I wonder which package is used to create the scenes? Max?
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

I LOVED Uru. I didnt really like Myst 2. Didnt play 3. The game needed a boost, it was too easy to miss stuff and the inability to move felt claustraphobic, especially after the extra freedom that games like zork nemesis gave you from the same genre.

I dont see why a lot of people didnt like uru... the game dropped into low detail while you were moving, and then whenenver you stopped, it would take a second at the angle you were looking at and give it the Myst final render polish to make it look like youre stopped and looking at a beautiful still.

I REALLY wish they had done more with the online aspect.
    I like to fall down, it gives me the rewarding feeling of standing back up again....

GET A free Mac Mini Don't forget to read everything they send you and to sign up for one of the offers in order to complete your memberships.

I played Myst 1 and Myst 4, never played Uru. I don't mind not being able to move, because I don't think it is a key to the Myst formula. The pre-rendered scenes look so beautiful, I had to pick-up my jaw a few times.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

The scenes in Uru are as good as the prerendered scenes after you stop moving, it's a half real time engine. When you stop, it takes a second to render out the view at a MUCH higher quality. The sound and music from all the Myst games are amazing though.
    I like to fall down, it gives me the rewarding feeling of standing back up again....

GET A free Mac Mini Don't forget to read everything they send you and to sign up for one of the offers in order to complete your memberships.

Myst 5's pict is very nice.

I got Myst back in ‘96 and I never finish it. Okey, You guys are convince me.
    I reloade the Myst again (I have a Mac version) OS X is not working. But OS 9 mode works fine.

CD come with making of Myst movie clip, I saw they use a Mac (look like a Quadra 700 (040. 66 Mhz? pre PPC, ) with Strata 3D studio to made a render and sound files are made by Mac SE (tiny all in one Mac with 9"monitor)

This times, I well finish it and try the other Myst series.

Originally posted by Target123
    Myst 5's pict is very nice.

I got Myst back in ‘96 and I never finish it. Okey, You guys are convince me.
    I reloade the Myst again (I have a Mac version) OS X is not working. But OS 9 mode works fine.

CD come with making of Myst movie clip, I saw they use a Mac (look like a Quadra 700 (040. 66 Mhz? pre PPC, ) with Strata 3D studio to made a render and sound files are made by Mac SE (tiny all in one Mac with 9"monitor)

This times, I well finish it and try the other Myst series.

As far as I know, I think they still used Strata for Myst 4. I downloaded some making of movies somewhere and I thought they used that program. Probably used a more advanced on too though, because the environments look just awesome
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I have Myst III the collectors edition sitting on the shelf somewhere ... It was bought from the Bargain Bin out of curiousities sake ... Maybe I shall try to squeeze in some time *somehow* to give it a perusal
    So this would be where the sig goes then?

My ADP Site: http://adp.3dbuzz.com/amogley/index.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123