Misleading Information on Member Sponser

Thanks for all the wonderful VTM's to date. However, I have a grip with the C++ VTM's. When I went to download them I couldn't, I know that's because you want to encourage support - and that's fine. However the information I got from this site
    http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/dl_info_ms.php

Say's that it will take 24 hours until I can access the online content. Well I immediately rushed to the store to become a member. Luckily I didn't actually buy it - as when I read the details of a member sponser in the store it says I have to wait 3 months before I can download? I must say that I felt tricked....lucky I still have my mistrust and continue to read the fineprint.

But nonetheless....thanks for everything else!

Member sponsorship is for supporting the site. The 3 month rule is in place to prevent people from doing the ol' grab and go routine as that isn't what member sponsorship is for. Member Sponsorships and the store are now the site owners only source of income so these measures are necessary to help keep this site alive.

But can't you pay the three months worth, 'up front' and be able to download straight away?...

I seem to remember reading this some time ago...
    Max Fundementals Student..

IF YOU MESS WITH BUZZ, YOU MESS WITH ALL OF US!

3 months before you can download c++ VTMs? That is not true.
    Once you become a member sponsor, you get into the c++ class and you go through it at your own pace. You can download C++ vtm #1 right away. Finish the assignments and your off the vtm #2. The speed at which you advance is up to you.

buzz

Yes, there is *some* informatoin that is wrong in the link you provided. Such as the out-of-date star system information. HOWEVER, the three month rule you referenced is for OTHER content, not the C++ VTMs or anything listed in the donwload section. It is for BuZZ's old training videos on Maya Character Rigging and Skinning. He used ot sell them on VHS, but they were later transfered to CD. Member sponsors of three months can have them snail mailed to them. Otherwise they are no longer available - even in the online store.

You were tricked? How is that then? You did read it in the store before you purchased right? Had that information not been there then maybe i could agree with you. Before you purchase anything online you should always take the time to understand what it is your buying. That's what you did. No trickery, it was there in front of you before you purchased it. Good and honest.

OK..this wasn't meant to be a stab, rather I felt that the information when clicking on the member link didn't give me the same information as did the information I get when getting details in the store (which I can only assume some people wouldn't read and just buy, like I almost did). The statement in the store says -

Free access to all training videos that I produce that I normally charge for. (Minimum 3 month participation required)

Now, as you can cancel your membership at any time I assumed that it would take me three months to gain access to them. This was clarified..thank you.

So I guess that leaves only one option for those that aren't wanting to do your online course and that's to buy the C++ cd's.

Anyway..all is clear now. Thanks for the great site and the effort you put into it.

Originally posted by 3saul
    I assumed that it would take me three months to gain access to them. This was clarified..thank you.
    Hehe I'm not the only one who got tricked by that then I paid for the 3 months up-front thinking it was necessary for the C++ ones

BTW can we ever download the new C++ VTMs, 4 & 5? Or is that only for ppl who buy the DVDs?

Originally posted by Sqwirral
    BTW can we ever download the new C++ VTMs, 4 & 5? Or is that only for ppl who buy the DVDs?
    Yes, as Member Sponsors, you can eventually download issue's #4 & 5, but only when you complete the first 3 issues. Remember, as a member sponsor, it's an online class, meaning there are homework assignments and tests in all. However, when you purchase it from the store, then all you get are the VTM with no assignments and no tests.

Originally posted by Sqwirral

Hehe I'm not the only one who got tricked by that then I paid for the 3 months up-front thinking it was necessary for the C++ ones

Tricked? There was no trickery here. You had instant access to the C++ online course as soon as you were processed as a Member Sponsor. You could have access to all the C++ vids (currently up to Issue 5) in a matter of weeks.

I'm closing this thread now. I feel that the topic has been adequately addressed, and that Buzz did a great job of explaining everything in his above post.

Zak