Just One More Thing...(Macworld Keynote)

Steve Jobs has just completed his keynote address at Macworld and here are the details.

- New Mini Mac is a $499-$599 mac computer without a monitor. Specs are pretty close to an iBook from what i see.

- iPod Shuffle 512MB - 1Gig Flash iPod that is the same size as a pack of trident gum. Cost is $99-$149

- iWork Update to Apple Works includes Keynote 2 an upgrade to keynote as well as Pages.

- iLife 05 Update to all of the iApps that us mac people know and love.

- Final Cut Express HD Same mid level editor with HD support.

My opinion they have done it again. Great updates and some very interesting products at great prices. Apple may have just took a nice shot at the low end PC market.

www.apple.com has alot more details.

wow, if you read the mac roumor sites, you pretty much knew all this last week

so i will say: to me, no suprise..

True, although, it is still nice to see that yo ucan finally get this stuff now. Gonna have to upgrade my iLife suite to '05 now. I want to play with Garage Band 2. That and I want to get iWork. Wonder if it will open up Word formatted Doc files much better than OpenOffice does.

Plus, Office 2004 is super slow on the mac.

is there a feed of this that i can watch? possibly
    NM i was being dumb it is on there home page.

Man I want an iPOD so bad. That is the only apple thing as of right now i would buy. Maybe someday a apple laptop and just but linux on it.
    Last edited by percent20; 01-11-2005 at 11:48 PM.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Honestly, I don't see any real reason to have Linux on a PPC. OS X has ultimate user friendlyness, you still get a free compiler and developer tools, a Bash shell to work in, and loads of nice free apps that even though they aren't part of the OS, come with all Macs anyways. You would just be limiting your software availability even more by throwing Linux on because now you have to find binaries for programs that work both on Linux and on the PowerPC architecture. If you have a PC and are using Linux on it, stick with it. You'll be happier that way.

But hey... now you can get a Mac mini and an iPod Shuffle for the price of a 60GB iPod Photo...