Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Thinking of buying 3D Total Textures CD's are they good?

Before I make my purchase I would like your thoughts on these CD's are they good quality textures and is it worth it?

I would love to purchase all of them, but its a bit out of my budget - US-$470. Living in New Zealand the exchange works out to be about double + little bit. A lot of money for 3D textures, so that is why I'm asking for your thoughts on these CD's.

Here's the link to the texture cd's:
    http://www.3dtotal.com/services/cds_new/intro.asp

Here's the link to the purchase page:
    http://www.3dtotal.com/services/cds_new/purchase.asp
    Last edited by Insomniac; 01-10-2005 at 02:25 PM.

I bought one month ago, they are really great! I got part6: clean textures...
    Bug? That's not a bug, that's a feature.
    LinkedIn - Twitter (dutch) - Work (dutch)

Insomniac you should move to Europe. You get paid more and the cost of things like the CD's seem less. Another good reason is that you don't have to pay your loan back when you live overseas - oh course they don't have as good living standard and they have no ideas about rugby, but since you live in Auckland I am sure not much will change (sorry I just couldn't help myself - I am a Cantab)

Originally posted by jwr
    Insomniac you should move to Europe. You get paid more and the cost of things like the CD's seem less. Another good reason is that you don't have to pay your loan back when you live overseas - oh course they don't have as good living standard and they have no ideas about rugby, but since you live in Auckland I am sure not much will change (sorry I just couldn't help myself - I am a Cantab)
    Hey jwr,

Actually I'am half Canadian and Swiss and have lived in Switzerland for a year. It 's a great country, I have been meaning to visit Germany one day... maybe when Swizterland joins the EU?? Crossing my fingers.

As to sports here in NZ, if it doesn't involve ice I'm not interested Hockey is the only sport worth watching

Your right though, the living standards here are good, but everything costs so much since the dollar is lower than most countries. So when I do decide to buy something I have to make sure its good

Originally posted by Project-A
    I bought one month ago, they are really great! I got part6: clean textures...
    Cool, how many textures are on a cd?

I want to buy the set as well, but cannot afford it at the moment. That, and I wouldn't use it too frequently - I'm still stuggling with perfecting my modelling skills in Maya, I'm not touching texturing with a 10 foot (or is is meter) pole. One thing at a time.

A friend of mine does have the first one. The textures are very nice, though. Worth the money if you need a good texture pack.

Edit: Wow! Just went to the website again. 5 new texture packs since I went there last! I love 11 the alient textures. If I were to buy one, I would get it. Nice....
    Last edited by revve; 01-11-2005 at 07:34 AM.

Originally posted by Insomniac

Cool, how many textures are on a cd?
    Browsed the cd, and they have 387 textures, with bumpmapping. And textures are 1000x1000 pixels, so really good quality...
    Chech the sample
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bricks001.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	877.8 KB 
ID:	36217  
    Bug? That's not a bug, that's a feature.
    LinkedIn - Twitter (dutch) - Work (dutch)

Originally posted by revve
    I want to buy the set as well, but cannot afford it at the moment. That, and I wouldn't use it too frequently - I'm still stuggling with perfecting my modelling skills in Maya, I'm not touching texturing with a 10 foot (or is is meter) pole. One thing at a time.

A friend of mine does have the first one. The textures are very nice, though. Worth the money if you need a good texture pack.

Edit: Wow! Just went to the website again. 5 new texture packs since I went there last! I love 11 the alient textures. If I were to buy one, I would get it. Nice....
    I'm at the same point as you with regards to modeling, I have done the Buzz Alien as my first character, which still needs some work.

You can see my buzz alien if you go here:
    http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...threadid=57023

Ya the alien texture v11 was the one of them I wanted, plus v1,v2,v3.

Well I'm saving my pennies and hopefully in the next couple months I can buy them

3d total texturs 12 and 13 is out

More? *groan* That means the price for the full pack will also go up. Sigh. I need a better job. Something where I work less, can spend more time on the forums and earn more.

On a completely unrelated note, did anybody notice I'm in the top 25 for Karma? Whoohoo. This is a big day for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast