matinee question

I'm just wondering if there is a way to cut from one map to another. For instance say you have a character who fades into a dream sequence and as you go in to the dream it is set in a totally different enviornment, do you have to have everything in that one "map" that your working on? Or can you have a matinee sequence load up a different enviornment "or map" for the dream sequence??

What you chould do is Make the two differnet matinee's is there seppart maps then export them as aiv and fade them together. But if you want the move to stay as a unreal format it has to be in the same map.

There is a ChangeLevel action in ScriptedSequence that will load a new level. You may be able to use that.

hmm, I'll check out that change level action see if it's smoth, as far as exporting to an avi, what do you mean like with fraps or something like that. I mean there isn't a way to export from ed is there?

there is and i think someone else posted it here... argh can't think

Edit (okay less than a minute ):
    i believe the menu is under community in UT2k4

if you want to make a demo into a avi file simply go to the demo menu, and at the bottom it will say "Convert AVI" click that and the demo you selected will be converted to avi

also to change the framerate:

UT2004.ini

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]

NetServerMaxTickRate=30
    Last edited by the_Jester; 01-09-2005 at 10:31 PM.
    Aint that some ...