Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

5 days and 5 nights.

I have found out about someone who is going for a new guinness world record. He is a blind dj and is going to play music for 5 days. To hear and see this live, check out http://www.rlsb.org.uk/dortonradio/index.htm

And what world record will he set? Longest time a blind DJ deejayed? Or just the longest any DJ deejayed?

It's quite an accomplishment though. I'm already impressed with normal DJ's, a doing it with no eyes is even harder. I do want to hear a deaf DJ do it one time though I heard some are able to flawlessly mix songs by feelings the bass.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I am sure it is just the longest DJ'ed.

I remember a DJ in England (Simon Mayo) once was on the radio (with other hosts) for 24 hours straight. He wasnt allowed to play any record longer than 4.5 minutes or something to make sure he didnt have a nap.

132 hours though is a dangerously long time to stay awake for - from what I remember of my Psychology you start to hallucinate after 120 hours although come to think of it, as he is blind will that be an issue?

Even so it still isnt good for the body to push it that far.

As it turns out, the record he is trying to break is longest continuous radio broadcast. He is going for 132 hours (hopefuly), he is about half way now. There are qualified medical staff with him at all times. He is allowed 15 minute breaks every 8 hours and he must speak at least every 6 minutes during the rest of the time.

I almost forgot, he can recognise his records just by feeling them. So he could ask for some red hot chilli peppers, so you hand him an lp, and then just by touching it, he will be able to say "no, that's not it"!

Now that is impressive, I don't see how a normal person could identify a record just by touching it. It's like the guy who can tell the center of gravity of bowling balls by touch, it allows him to stack eight bowling balls on top of one another. That was the last count I heard anyways.

The longest amount of time I ever stayed up was 80 hours.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

36 hours here.

Did anyone else notice how he said hello to everyone from 3dbuzz?

uhm, no. That's cool Do you know this guy?
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Originally posted by Overmind1984
    Now that is impressive, I don't see how a normal person could identify a record just by touching it. It's like the guy who can tell the center of gravity of bowling balls by touch, it allows him to stack eight bowling balls on top of one another. That was the last count I heard anyways.

The longest amount of time I ever stayed up was 80 hours.
    no way! really? without any aid? i mean attachments etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast