Need help... please

How do you know what processes are need in the Windows manager and how do you stop them. It is slow my computer down badly. Thanks

If your computer is slow, then I'd recommend running adaware (www.lavasoftusa.com) and spybot (www.safer-networking.org) to remove the spyware from your machine. Then update your virus scanner or download AVG (www.grisoft.com) and do a full system scan. Once that is all done reboot and see if your machine is any faster. Defraging the harddrive couldn't hurt either.

After you do all that, if your system *still* is running slowly. Reboot your computer and see what applications load at start-up, maybe you can search through their options and tell them not to do that. Stuff like quicktime does not need to load with your computer.

yep, spyware is really getting bad these days. I see a lot of people having problems with it.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

I have a question: Do I have to get both Adaware and Spybot? Or just one? Currently I have just Adaware.

I use both. They work well together.

not sure about adaware but spybot can also install some counter measures to prevent certain spyware from installing itself which is very usefull.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

Re: Need help... please

Originally posted by DrDoom1975
    How do you know what processes are need in the Windows manager and how do you stop them. It is slow my computer down badly. Thanks

Hi there,
    I had the same need the other day and I found this site very helpful as it tells you what each process does and if you really need it running...

http://www.liutilities.com/products/...rocesslibrary/

On this site you can search for any of your processes...it is a good place to start

I hope you sort your proceeses out
    Good Luck