Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog

Blog

what is a blog? or what is the definition of a blog? ive always been confused about that cos ive just come to set one up on my site

is a blog a collection of rants? say Simons Blog will contain every single one of my rants
    or
    is a blog each individual rant? so that each rant I post up is called a blog?
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - Richard Dean Anderson

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Updated 31/01/05 - 3DBuzz VTM Introduction videos uploaded!)

try google

http://learn-what-is-a-blog.blogspot.com/
    http://www.marketingterms.com/dictionary/blog/

from http://dictionary.reference.com :
    a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

Good idea to familiar oneself with blogs, bloggers, and blogging, because:

Bloggers were named people of the year by ABC news. And blog was named word of the year by Merriam-Webster.
    Last edited by Demondo; 01-01-2005 at 11:43 AM.

I have written a few blogs in my time on buzz and one just happens to be on here today.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

www.blogger.com if you want a more direct hands on experience with what a blog is, make one.
    I like to fall down, it gives me the rewarding feeling of standing back up again....

GET A free Mac Mini Don't forget to read everything they send you and to sign up for one of the offers in order to complete your memberships.

i am making one/have made one now thanks guys
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - Richard Dean Anderson

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Updated 31/01/05 - 3DBuzz VTM Introduction videos uploaded!)

What I don't understand is why people do this. Why would anyone want to dump the sacred contents of their mind out for all to see? I thought diaries were supposed to be private. I wouldn't want strangers to know everything that goes on in my life or in my mind.

Can anyone explain?

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri
    What I don't understand is why people do this. Why would anyone want to dump the sacred contents of their mind out for all to see? I thought diaries were supposed to be private. I wouldn't want strangers to know everything that goes on in my life or in my mind.

Can anyone explain?
    Why keep your thoughts a secret? Most blogs are somewhat industry specific... some are not... as a result, they have something to do with networking... I know I'd feel a lot more comfortable highering someone who keeps up a blog with 3d related information to do modelling for me than some guy off of the streets that may have just picked up a copy of poser yesterday, hit the save button and thinks he's now a pro.

Yes, some bloggers are narcissistic egomaniacs... but most are just average joes like you or I who wants to spread info to people... I personally see blogs as a sort of personal version of the forums here... Why do you post here if your ideas are so private that you don't want the world to know what you are thinking?
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com

I agree that for example, writing about your work is cool, and lets people see what you're doing and all.

But a "diary" is different.. I draw the line when it comes to personal info. For example, I wouldn't want people on the internet to I'm going to be having dinner with my fiance at 8 o'clock tomorrow... That's just weird. I also wouldn't want people to know what kind of mood I'm in every day.. that's just too much for them to know! Private stuff! And besides, who would read that kind of stuff?

Originally posted by halma
    And besides, who would read that kind of stuff?
    Strange people...
    Life is the ultimate videogame. How do you play it?
    ---

Pleas sign the petition to help bring the BEST indies-manga, Playgroundpop!, in AZ to your local comic book stores!

IF YOU MESS WITH BUZZ, YOU MESS WITH ALL OF US!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast