Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What speed will the dual core processors debut at?

Originally posted by Scott M C4D
    You have a 3200 now? Thats not fast enought for you atm ?
    I think you have caught the speed bug and you will never be happy with how fast your pc is.
    I upgraded from a 4 year old Athlon 750 which at the time was the second fastest Athlon chip at the time and my first pc. Cost me £708 exactly wheni had no job and needed it for a music course i was going to be doing.
    A few years later i added 256mb stick of ram and it improved things alot as well as speed.
    After a year and a half waiting to buy a better pc i eventually got one.
    Playing the latest games was impossible on my 750 and now i can play the latest games at high resolutions.
    At the end of the day it's your money and you may not see a huge leap in performace that i did as you have a fast processor already.
    If money is no object then you might aswell go for it.
    Well, when you works with apps like Maya and 3ds max, you can never get enough power!

TsunamiZ if you cant get enought power then i think you need to think about optimising your sceans so they have a lower number of polygons.
    Thats one of the ,most effective ways to speed up your renderings.
    A fast pc will push things along a bit quicker but will you ever be happy to wait?

I remember when i had an Amiga 500/1200 and used basic 3d software to create a sphere without textures and lights. That took about 5-20 minutes.
    Now i can render a Sphere in 2-10 seconds with textures and lights at a higher resolution.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Next time around you should definetly go dualie. If you render a lot, it pays off big time. I never really found any happiness until I went dual.

Originally posted by davidaleon
    Next time around you should definetly go dualie. If you render a lot, it pays off big time. I never really found any happiness until I went dual.
    Problem with dual is that it only works for apps that take advantage of it. I just want a universal setup.

I beg to differ. The apps that take advantage of it, take advantage of it. The ones that don't run fine, and probably a little faster because the load balancing throws overhead on to the other CPU. I've found that everything runs better on a dualie. I will never go back to a single CPU again. I am looking forward to the double dual-cores.

Just for telling.....

I went from a p3 800 to a AMD64 2800 754... I then overclock my amd64 2800 to 2300Ghz with stock cooling and i have yet to find something my computer lags about which is the cause to be CPU.

On another note my next computer will be either a DualCore or Dual Processor So much advantages to it. But that will only be untill my fast 125 dollar AMD64 CPU starts to lag down lol..

Serious why spend so much money on 200Mhz, the AMD64 overclock very well and has seen that the 939 3000(1800) overclock to 2600MHz no problem. Spend the money on RAM and Video Card.

MD right now - hopefully someday, sunny FL!
    Originally posted by davidaleon
    I am looking forward to the double dual-cores.
    Please refer to the following images!

Originally posted by TsunamiZ

Problem with dual is that it only works for apps that take advantage of it. I just want a universal setup.
    You can't have a more univeral setup than a dual processor system. Why?

Most dual processor systems require ECC Registered memory. This gives you the most reliability with memory.

Applications that will only use a single processor, will use one processor. The applications you have that make use of dual processors, will make use of them.

You are more versatile in a dual processor setup. If not for performance, then for multitasking.

To put it simple, dual processors, although decently expensive, kick some serious ass.

Have to agree with enygma. There's more to running dual CPU's than kust having an application take advantage of them. Mainly the multitasking side of things.

I've been running my current dual system for 2 and 1/2 years and i could never go back to a single processor. This is just way more responsive than running a single CPU. Dual processors really speed up the rendering and if i have render that's non urgent as in time, i can render with 1 cpu and continue to work, perhaps texturing, or even start a brand new 3d model. It's the only way for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12