Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

concept art design

i heard the guy who did the concept art VTM's has left the Buzz crew,...
    so,... will you still bring some more videos of that kind to us?
    cus i'm really interested in the whole concept art stuff! and the vtm's helped alot!

and, are there any other sites related to that topic?

thanks alot!

Kinda doubt it on the first question, on the second one there are the 3d-palace.com's concept art videos ...
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

No Derek won't be doing any concept art VTM's anymore. Maybe you can check out www.conceptart.org . Lots of concept people go there
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

hmm,... i just went to conceptart.org,... maaan, thats just the real pro forum,...
    isn't there something more for like normal people :P

yeah, agreed! that stuff looks like it came out of one of the art of maya books
    -=[Ghost]=-
    Im the one that you feel on the back of your neck...

Doesnt matter how good you are ... everybodys gotta start somewhere. Just post on cgtalk, conceptart.org ect and you will recieve feedback.
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!
    " If nobodys talking to me, im talking to me" - Swoop

Reflection Design || Swoops Blog

2D Tutorials Compilation

The Speed Painting Thread || ((post your Concept Art thread))

Well... another good site if you want to download some concept art video's is http://www.reflection-design.dk/

This guy is pretty good too
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

hehe heard something about that crazy guy hehe
    Didnt want to toot my own horn hehe
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!

2D Tutorials Compilation

ok just a quick wondering... I have been looking into 2d art since I got a wacom board a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would be able to get into drawing more if I could do it digitaly (not to mention make things easier for 3d) anyways, I have been looking at a lot of concept art and stuff people have done in corel painter and that sort of thing, how much of the time are people using drawing tablets? everything looks so perfect! whenever I have tried to draw on one it looks like a 3rd grade scribble
    after a bit of messing around with it I think it has to do with the resistance difference (hard to describe, but it moves so much smoother then with pen and paper) is there a good way to get used to this, becuase after working with the conventional tools over the years it seems like I Loose everything I have learned when I use the tablet, does this make sence? so yeah, how many people actualy use tablet compared to mouse or doing it by hand and scanning it to touch it up?
    Last edited by MusicMobster; 01-14-2005 at 05:00 PM.
    -=[Ghost]=-
    Im the one that you feel on the back of your neck...

Really depends... i mean it's really not that hard getting used to using a tablet on a smooth surface. On some tablets you can even stick a peice of paper on top and it still works.. heard that works out for some people.

The number of people doing stuff by hand, and scanning are mostly people who are drawing pencils ect, and just color digitally. Doublt many people are using only mouse.. extremely hard to use mouse for this sort of work.

When working digitally try to remember that you have 1 extremely important feature you dont have in real life. Undo. Use the undo if your stroke isnt correct ect. Paint on layers to make it easy to correct mistakes... and mainly... keep trying.

Also i find that doing lineart on the tablet isnt as easy as using normal pencil/paper, but it's sure easier to make iimages in the whole than using pencils

And finally i know for a fact that some of the pros, like Ryan Church and Feng Zhu use the tablet all the way... or at least can do it... Feng propably does alot of purely analog sometimes
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!

2D Tutorials Compilation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast