wut button do I push?

...and don't bother telling me f1, wiseguy. I am creating a vid game char in max. For some reason (well, obviously I pushed the wrong button somewhere along the line) the mesh is transparent and things in the background obscure things in the foreground. It's like bizzaro 3ds max world. How do I rectify this?

Yes I'm a noob. Sorry to clutter up the pretty forums with inane questions but I need this fixed pronto!

alt x
    Don't shoot the messenger

I should've mentioned it's not alt x. The mesh has object color but seems transparent and objects in the background obscure the foreground.

Here you can see the right leg obscuring some of the arm. And the body (which is behind the head) nearly obscures the entire head.
    Last edited by mikejkelley; 12-29-2004 at 11:00 AM.

What's the opacity of your material? Less then 100?
    Is your model 'see through' even as you render?

Seems like a weird bug or something (the error, not your model )
    And the problem remains even after exiting and restarting max?
    I was born...out of the grEEdiness of mankind. While man..<inaudible>...so will I...Uuuaaaaaaagh. -Gradius III-

Holy over-loaded system tray !

I suggest you restart your system and restart max. Reload the file and see what happens.

Is this happenning in all viewports ?
    Why is your view disabled ?

I don't see what you are talking about in the image you supplied.

Upload the file if you are still having trouble.

And once again...

Holy over-loaded system tray !

I did a sys restart, still have the same problem. Opacity is 100%. It occurs in all viewports but not in the render. Flickering occurs when I rotate the view. The working theory is that the file is somehow corrupt. I've since resorted to using an earlier save point. Oh well. Thnx for the replies though!

ccp, I need all those progs in the sys tray! Well, I might be able to do away with one or two...