Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google problems

Google problems

Is anyone else having a problem getting to the google website? I get this page (see attached) when I try and use the google search or type in www.google.com manually. I get the same page when I click the CNN link in the Strict parents meet eBay!! thread. Except the url window lists an IP address. I just formatted my system two days ago and then this started happening. It happens reguardless of which browser I use, so it's not an issue with Firefox.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	35852  
    Dez
    Pipeline Technical Director
    Legend 3D | VFX

It looks lke your browser has been hijacked. Run Adaware and a virus checker
    *> If my post was helpful you could add to my Reputation by clicking the Icon. Thanks!!!! <*

It works fine for me -
    thats wierd if its happening for all browsers
    maybe try accessing the webpages from another pc .
    also - try closing any unfamiliar proggys from Task Manger.
    any new/unwanted name from the list should be noticable since you just formatted.

Yeah, looks like a hijacker. Hijack This! should be able to take care of that problem. Using FireFox instead of IE (is that IE) would be a safer solution too.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I ran Spyware Doctor and it found a few infections. I completely deleted the folders where the files were found and cleaned the system. Then I ran SD again and found zero infections. I uninstalled FireFox and reinstalled and the problem still exists. Any ideas on how to fix this, other than reformatting...again. Is Hijack This! better than SD? Do you have a link?
    Dez
    Legend 3D | VFX

Hijack this! is made just for the problem you have... SD and Adaware are good, but they're not anit-hijackers, like Hijack This!
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

Thanks for the link...

I just found a download for Hijack This! and ran it to fix the problem. Found that there was a large list of websites that were listed like google, yahoo, cnn, etc and linked to an IP address. I selected all of those and deleted them and that seems to have fixed the problem. All is back to normal now.
    Dez
    Legend 3D | VFX

Sounds to me like something got to your hosts file. The important thing to do is find out what, so as to avoid it happening again.

wow that was scary. helpful links there.

Do you have an antivirus? if not I would definitely suggest Norton, its worked great for me, and blocks most trash from infecting my computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast