Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

9,000 killed as tidal waves sweep Asia

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6754820/?GT1=5936

article intro

JAKARTA, Indonesia - The world’s most powerful earthquake in 40 years struck deep under the Indian Ocean off the west coast of Sumatra on Sunday, triggering tidal waves up to 20 feet high that obliterated villages and seaside resorts in six countries across southern and southeast Asia. The death toll in an Asian earthquake and tsunami on Sunday jumped to nearly 9,500 according to officials and local media.

Figures tabulated by Reuters put the death toll at 9,438.

Tourists, fishermen, homes and cars were swept away by walls of water that rolled across the Bay of Bengal, unleashed by the 8.9-magnitude earthquake. The tsunami waves barreled nearly 3,000 miles across the ocean to Africa, where at least nine people were killed in Somalia.
    SatisFaxion

Please Support Our Sponsors, They Help To Keep 3DBuzz.com Alive:
    3DWorldmag | Kaydara | Discreet | SideFX | Oregon3d | 3DUniversity | Pixologic | Alias | Caligari | EdHarriss

My free iPod referral thingamagigge

That's quite incredible

sadly the count now is to well over 11,000

speachless

Yep, it's very sad. I don't know why but i turned on TV today to see the latest and it's barely getting a mention here in the US. At least not on the major news networks

That's not good.

One year ago today (December 26), we had a big earthquake here in Iran that killed about 30,000 people, and left about twice that many homeless. (I even lost a few relatives (distant though; I'd never met them.))

Earthquakes have that tendency to create chaos when you least suspect it..

I watched on the Science channel that they were "Over Due" and it was to happen soon.

Originally posted by Trigasnip
    I watched on the Science channel that they were "Over Due" and it was to happen soon.
    Why the roll eyes? Statistically it was.
    I like to fall down, it gives me the rewarding feeling of standing back up again....

GET A free Mac Mini Don't forget to read everything they send you and to sign up for one of the offers in order to complete your memberships.

its reached 14,425 Reuters.com
    SatisFaxion

Please Support Our Sponsors, They Help To Keep 3DBuzz.com Alive:
    3DWorldmag | Kaydara | Discreet | SideFX | Oregon3d | 3DUniversity | Pixologic | Alias | Caligari | EdHarriss

My free iPod referral thingamagigge

Some family of mine are on a world trip right now and just a week ago they were in one of the towns that got hit really bad. They are alright thank god but my condolences to all those families who have not been so lucky
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

On 5th of January 2005 I will travel to Thailand for holiday...

I will go to Koh Samui, it is the island on the other side of Thailand and during the flight we will stop in Phuket, the island that was hit by the wave...

It´s so incredible to hear what happens and it makes me fear to go to there now, even if I go to the other side of Thailand...

Thought about cancelling my trip , but now I decided to go, hope that the peoples minds are ok for tourists now, if not, I will spend my holiday there to help the people...

Hope that things like that will never happen again, but we unfortunately can´t stop the nature´s forces...

I´m with all that people in my mind who got damage or came to death.

beat
    Bohnen, Linsen, Sauerkraut,
    ists was Dir den Darm raushaut!

www.gb5-animation.de

www.d-facto-motion.de

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast