Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why is the PCI-E version of the 6600GT cheaper then the AGP ?? Isn't PCI-E the newer and faster model?
    Fraz...

The law of supply and demand. There are tons of AGP motherboards out there in the world. There are very few PCI-Express mobos in the world. The demand for AGP is high. The demand for PCI-Express is low. The Geforce 6600GT was originally supposed to be PCI-Express only. They changed their minds and decided to make an AGP part also. The supply of PCI-Express 6600GTs is still way larger than the demand. The supply of AGPs is still way smaller than the demand. The price of AGP is therefore higher, while the price of PCI-Express is lower.

There is also the factor of extra components on the AGP card. The AGP card still uses the PCI-E chip but with an extra AGP - PCI-E converter chip.

I dont want to hijack the thread but Ive been looking at getting a new videocard for awhile. What brand of the 6600GT is the best brand to go with?

It depends on whether you are AGP pr PCI-Express.

I like the Albatron, and here is the article showing why:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295

I didnt want to start a new thread so ill just post here. Im am most likely gonna get the 600GT fairly soon. Im still using an AGP motherboard so what brand should I get? I was looking at the EVGA (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...130-220&depa=0) and it looks pretty good. Should I go with that one or see if I can find one with a higher clock speed?

eVGA seems to be making a fine card at a very good price. I would try to get one with dual DVI, but that is because I have dual LCDs. It depends on you. If you have no desire to leave CRTs behind, you probably want at least 1 VGA output.

the only dual-DVI card I could on Newegg that wasnt refurbed and wasnt PCI-E was an XFX (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...150-080&DEPA=0)
    I have never heard of them before but the reviews seem to be good.
    Im only using one DVI port since I only have one monitor and I dont think I will get another anytime soon.
    So what card do you think is better?

I would take the Albatron because of its superior cooling features. I have experiance with Albatron and I like them a lot. Very high quality designs and workmanship. That goes for both the motherboards and the video cards, but it seems that the video cards are what they do best.

Originally posted by apoc4lyps3
    the only dual-DVI card I could on Newegg that wasnt refurbed and wasnt PCI-E was an XFX I have never heard of them before but the reviews seem to be good.
    Im only using one DVI port since I only have one monitor and I dont think I will get another anytime soon.
    So what card do you think is better?
    XFX used sell stuff under the name of Pine, so they have been around for a while.

I am also looking at getting a 6600GT agp card so have been dredging forums for info. I have noticed a few whinges about the XFX 6600GT card on the guru3d forums. They are the only manufacturuer that I have seen negative posts about their 6600gt offerings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12