Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails

If you look at the nailgun ammo crates in quake 1 they have the NIN logo thing on'em.
    Trent Reznor did the music for it,and I thought it was pretty damn cool,
    it fit the game well. Not a big fan outside of that tho.
    I think Cash pwned NIN with his version of hurt,personally.
    Johnny Cash>Nine inch nails.
    "Give a man a fire,and he's warm for a night.
    But set fire to him,and he's warm for the rest of his life"

"Danger Mouse? Genius! MF DOOM? Genius! Adult Swim? Not genius. Lucky."
    - Mike Lazzo,senior VP in charge of Adult Swim.

He did do some of the weapon sounds for doom 3, but you have to download the patch, same way he redid the sounds for doom 2
    SatisFaxion

Please Support Our Sponsors, They Help To Keep 3DBuzz.com Alive:
    3DWorldmag | Kaydara | Discreet | SideFX | Oregon3d | 3DUniversity | Pixologic | Alias | Caligari | EdHarriss

My free iPod referral thingamagigge

Re: Nine Inch Nails

Originally posted by Ti22
    Who's heard of them?
    Gotta chime in for this one!

Yea, heard of them. I used to work for the print shop that did all their T-shirts. Nothing like standing at an auto-press hammering out NIN shirts for 8+ hours a day!

I thought it was Quake II?
    Give me a “D” Give me a “Y” Give me a “S” “L” “E” “X” “I” “A”!!
    What do you get? Dilex.. Dislax.. Dylsia… AHH frogit.. Fegrot.. Freegrot… That’s it, you know what I neam!!!!!!

Trent did the music for quake 1. He started doing music and sounds for Doom 3, but pulled out of the project and took all the work he did with him. The sound files available online were taken from the leaked E3 alpha and weren't supposed to be spread around. I think spreading them around is a copyright violation. He pulled out of working on D3 because he realised that he had been doing alot of other things instead of working on his album like he should have been doing. I think he has taken on about 3 other projects that all failed since he started writting his album (I'm including his D3 work as a failure).

The nail gun in quake 1 was actually in the game BEFORE they even knew that Trent would be doing music. He did the music for quake because he was such a big fan of Doom.

The band that did the music for Doom 3 is called Tweaker. Tweaker is a "quasi-solo project" by the former NIN drummer and programmer Chris Vrenna. The D3 theme song was produced by Vrenna and Clint Walsh. You might have also heard his music in American Mcgee's Alice.

NIN has a new CD coming out soon called "With Teeth". Soon could be quite a while though.

I hope that clears up some confusion.

Re: Nine Inch Nails

Originally posted by Ti22
    Who's heard of them?

I love the song 'The Fragile' OMG its frkin awesome, the other songs are too cool.

Words can't express how awesome NIN are.
    hehehe ... and this from a fellow scouser !!

NIN were the originators of the "industrial rock" sound (although I will probably get flamed for that)

Check out the spiral albums.

Also Trent has worked on some special collaborations and remixes. "Crushingly Close" with Trent R. and Garbage is *awesome*
    So this would be where the sig goes then?

My ADP Site: http://adp.3dbuzz.com/amogley/index.html

This man used to live 6 blocks away from now. Now he's moving to LA....

Have every halo

good stuff

That Old Russell
    AKA
    TOR

MD right now - hopefully someday, sunny FL!
    omg... I'm getting older. Now young ones are like "who's nine inch nails"??? Probably like how some older folks felt like when young ones asked "Who's Aretha Franklin"?

Very good band. My favourite song is probably Wish.

Glen is offline Under Hip Hop Supervision

Re: Re: Nine Inch Nails

Originally posted by amogley

NIN were the originators of the "industrial rock" sound (although I will probably get flamed for that)
    There were quite a few bands around well before NIN who could be described as industrial rock. Young Gods, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, SPK, Ministry, Einsturzende Neubauten, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, Front 242, Test Department to name a few off the top of my head.

Glen

nine inch nails/Reznor has been my favorite band/artist since "the downward spiral" came out.

As far as I'm concerned, Trent Reznor's work just keeps getting better and better. The Fragile is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I can't wait to get my hands on his latest, which I'm hoping is released soon.

Zak

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast