Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Wow, you're really taking this serious BuZZ. And from Zak's post it seems to have worked incredibly well so far. Let's hope it continues. More awesome content for the rest of us, and less piracy means more funding for 3dbuzz. Everyone wins. Hehe, oh and as I'm sure you're wondering I'm 5/10 right now.

thats good,am just saying how someone can go around things like that,but i dont think anyone would think of puting them on any p2p,torent or ftp :"the new wave" i agree with Demondo
    "More awesome content for the rest of us, and less piracy means more funding for 3dbuzz. Everyone wins"
    ,and am glad to hear that there will be more of those great vtms "advanced C++ VTMs. "

Hi Zak,

just keep cool. I found a way to make the watermark less visible by adjusting the contrast, so yep, it basically might be the monitor settings, but well, that's what I use
    As to the watermark being distracting, it is a text behind a text and while reading the source code on the video, I found myself drifting away reading the watermark from time to time.
    For me it just didn't magically go away so I wouldn't notice it any more after a while. But as I said, after a while I adjusted the contrast and it worked ok. Still this is a small flaw in the product for me and as a customer I reserve the right to say so, me wanting the best possible product. I'm not saying anything against the VTM, it is great and I do understand your points about making it obvious that the VTMs are protected. In the last post on the subject I admit that I might have been a bit too harsh, it's not that big of a deal, but I was a bit angry at first.
    And I've read the remark about the two other systems in place to protect the VTMs, which I have no idea what they are, but yeah, could of course be an invisible 'watermark' too.

-- AndiW

No worries, andiw, I'm super-cool <-- See?

You have to understand where we're coming from on this. I didn't witchslap you or anything. I just needed to illustrate a point to remove any questions from your (or any other user's) mind. I wasn't upset (it's usually easy to tell when I am), and I'm totally cool with your opinion...

... as long as it's the opinion of someone who's been properly informed and fully understands the situation. Anything other than that is a waste of time that usually accomplishes little more than the incitement of trouble.

Thanks,

Zak

Originally posted by Demondo
    Wow, you're really taking this serious BuZZ. And from Zak's post it seems to have worked incredibly well so far. Let's hope it continues. More awesome content for the rest of us, and less piracy means more funding for 3dbuzz. Everyone wins. Hehe, oh and as I'm sure you're wondering I'm 5/10 right now.
    Yet he might earn something from the people that sends it. Just a thought

Hey just wondering if there are any updates on the guy who shared those VTMs? Just sorta morbidly curious. Was he prosecuted? Beaten? 1st class ticket to Abu Ghraib? Just wonderin'....

I have to say, sometimes the Watermark is quite visible, esspcially when you pull up the "whiteboard" and my name sticks out...however most of the time it doesn't really distract me

since i havent bought anything yet (belive me i want to but because of college i got no spare money that isnt going for food or "living") i have never even heard of these watermarks. can someone post a screenshot just so i can see? just curios.

Like it matters because of the Audio watermark and the third (which I think I have finally figured out, w00t!)

All i have to say is not once was I distracted by the watermark. Hell I don;t even notice it.

i dont think the fbi has time to chace for a couble of cds come on now and even if some one did place them on the p2p
    As for this believe me they will jump on even for a couple of CDs. It opens up an investigation and the FBI likes nothing more than opening an investigation and seeing where it goes. You never know what you are going to get.

They must grin ear to ear when Buzz hands over the guys home address.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast