Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    hah, i love it....you have your name & addy on the video, covering the screen, yet you still release it

Originally posted by busbyj
    Can someone get around the watermark? Anything is possible. I do agree with Dez's comments though.

I can say this: VTM 4 was release on a p2p network. It was quickly found and reported to me. We have since discovered who released them, and from that, the copies have been removed and the authorities are now involved. I had a general idea of how everything would go down, but no idea at what level the FBI gets involved. It has been a real joy working with them not to mention, I now have some great contacts Anyways, I cannot comment on the current status of the situation. But I can say that I am happy with the way this is all turning out. My advice, do not release the videos.

buzz
    Awesome. That's good news, it helps to have the watermark to know whose house to go to I imagine
    confused by earlier errors
    bailing out

i would love to find out what happened to the guy! any hints buzz?!
    - Rik

Originally posted by DezFX

Edit: I just hope that the person who's name was on the watermark is the one who uploaded it and not the parent of a stupid child at Christmas time.
    Nope, it was the person who ordered them.

I will post the outcome once it is over.

BuZZ (stealing Angela's account )
    Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

Originally posted by Angela

Nope, it was the person who ordered them.

I will post the outcome once it is over.

BuZZ (stealing Angela's account )

Haha. What a muppet

Edit: Have you patented your watermark system, buzz?
    (Retired)

What I don't understand is how Buzz can track down the person who released the VTM's and get authorities involved, yet people are still sharing thousands of warez files all over P2P networks and IRC. Why can't companies like Discreet track down the people releasing pirated versions of 3ds Max? Surely if Buzz can do it then a huge rich company like Discreet can? Someone care to explain?

Yeah - Buzz put a watermark on the c++ videos. Watermarking an application would be nigh on impossible.
    (Retired)

What iam think why would you put up warez with your addres on it? I would be scared just to have someone that i dont no sending me mail or even worse... Why put it up if you know it has your address... Guess pepole will never learn. DONT bess with Buzz.

Why would you need a watermark to get authorities involved? Distributing full versions of 3ds Max or any other retail software/games over P2P is beyond illegal, isn't that enough of a reason to track em down?

If I remember correctly there is a unigue watermark for each person who orders. Just look at the water mark, check who got that one and call in the FBI.

That is if I remember correctly.

Yes it is illegal but harder to track. With Buzzs method he has it much easier. Just look at the name and address who ordered that VTM with that watermark.
    Last edited by benmcl; 12-22-2004 at 03:41 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast