Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Very interesting

I'm going through an MMO phase right now, after years of never touching them. This looks very interesting, I am set up and ready to go. Just waiting for the grid to come back online.

Gazzaden

yes.. you are on my calling cards list...
    they just got the 1.5.11 version... downlaoded but I think the grid is not up and running yet... maybe later

Um, can I ask, is it actually a "second life" or has it comsumed your entire life? The best multiplayer game is outside...
    (Retired)

So true

Not only that, but it has the best graphics...

This does worry me, precisely why I have avoided them for so long. I keep seeing the words "crack" and "MMO" side by side. Yes, very worrying.

Gazzaden

eh eh...yeah

it is good so far and yes nice graphics and a lot of customisation

last night I went to the ingame Ivory Tower Library to go through the first tutorials about building etc...
    cool stuff

My bro is in there and he made his avatar look sooooooo much like him I'm scared! And that was just using the bog standard (very throughly powerful) avatar editing... he spent 25 minutes tweaking the face and the body.. and I feel like it is scary how well he succeded... eh ehe...
    Gazzaden you can make as many 3D avatars as you want and save them under differenet names.. so one day you can be one things and the other they you could be someone totally different (same name though of course) eh eh he

cool!

Crap i wanna play this game, are you sure you have to be eighteen for the trial?

yes Trebster...
    to get the trial started you still need to input your credit card info.

Also just a few days may not be enough or if you like it.. you may feel sorry for not being able to play it any longer after the trial...

there was a post on their forums or some news article where someone fron Linden (makers of Second LIfe) some time do find teenagers under 18 playing the game (not sure how they can find it out...) and they close their accounts because it is a 18 and over game.

I think some teenager may have been playing with maybe relateives credit cards not sure... but there is a growing demand from under 18 to play this game and Linden knows... but I think they are too busy with growing the current version to release an under 18 one.... also allowing under 18 to the current version would require some of the adult content to be banned and there are adult clubs, adult shops etc... all virtual of course, adult clothing etc.. that would do too much damage to existing users

but anyway... if you join in 2 years time you will find a better game
    Second Life is a better game now than it was 3 years ago when it was announced.... or so they say

Thanks for the info but i'll have to wait 4 years, i'm 14 you know.

doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well... enjoy your age my friend...no need to play 18+ games really :0)

Even said that... in the whole of two nights I have been in Second Life, maybe because I'm just learning my way around .. I have not seen much that an under 18 could not see... But there are adult areas that surely are 18+

I wish

I could be 14 again, knowing what I know as a 29 year old. Enjoy your time, it will be over before you know it, and you'll want it back.

Gazzaden

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast