Windows Server - Automatic PHP script runner thing

Ok, this may sound like a stupid questions, but here it goes anyway. Is there a way on a windows server to automatically run a certian PHP script on a schedule? I need to run it for email escalations for a ticketing system.

Thanks in advance.

You can use task scheduler however it is nowhere near as comprehensive as cron jobs but it will still work. You just have to make several entries for the same thing to have it run your task around the clock. Example: if you wanted a script to run once an hour you would need to have 24 of the same tasks scheduled.
    Last edited by mcarman; 12-20-2004 at 03:38 PM.

Ok, I understand that I can have a "task" that runs IE at certain times, but how would I run a particular script? Is there such a thing as a PHP console where I could run a script?

Or what about using a .bat file? Is that possible?
    Last edited by zopheus; 12-20-2004 at 03:40 PM.

run the php.exe and give your file as a parameter.

c:\>C:\php\php.exe myfile.php

your php file can run sql or any other php function.

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

yeah, like mcarman, you can execute your script by doing that.. which is known as CLI (command line interface) for php, it allows you to execute scripts in the command line
    if you want to make it easier you can also set an environment variable so that you dont have to type the path to php.exe every time you want to use it

in system properties (right click> properties on my computer) click the advanced tab, then select environment variables. in the user variables there should be a PATH variable, if there isnt, create it. then in the value, you can add the path to your php directory, where php.exe is found

this will let you simply type php.exe into your cmd prompt and it will execute php.exe with whatever paramaters you have, you can also add additional path values using a semi colon ';' separator

hope that was useful to some extent

Absolute Power, its the only way to roll!