New offer from Softimage! Includes ATI Card

The old offer is now ended and I was sure they were going to come up with something new straight away

I bought the old offer myself, and that was XSI 4.2 Foundation including 5 Additional training DVDs for $495 or about £270

The new offer is for $599 and includes XSI 4.2 Foundaiton plus an ATI FireGL T2-128 workstation graphics accelerator.

I was happy with my purchase for $495 as I needed DVD training more than a new graphic card... but for people who may want more graphic power this could be another good offer to consider...

http://store.softimage.com/store/Pro...ID=210&lang=en

Hmm, interesting move. Softimage continue to suprise. The old deal is still going (it's been extended to December 31st), so now people need to choose between the two.

I haven't gone for it yet, but I am tempted to do so while the additional training DVDs are still on the go. Are they of a high standard?

Ah that's cool.

[edit] I think it's USA and Canada only, though.
    Last edited by tuna; 12-20-2004 at 09:28 AM.
    Giggidy! Giggidy! Giggidy!

I have not seen all of the DVDs yet.. mainly using the Modelling and texturing DVD right now... It is really goo. In depth video training.

The only odd thing is that they used Flash to make this video traing sets and there is not rewind or fast forward.. really an odd choice... if you didn't understand something or you go distracted but something else.. you have to wathc that secion all over again... Not too bad anyway as each argument is devided in many subsection of short and to the point videos

now this is a tempting deal....
    SatisFaxion

Please Support Our Sponsors, They Help To Keep 3DBuzz.com Alive:
    3DWorldmag | Kaydara | Discreet | SideFX | Oregon3d | 3DUniversity | Pixologic | Alias | Caligari | EdHarriss

My free iPod referral thingamagigge

there is not rewind or fast forward
    I thaught that at first, but next to the menu text there is a timeline option, and if you click on that it gives you the option to skip backwads and frowards through the tutorial.

ps have you seen the rigging tutorial yet..... built in dynamics for floppy eras belly and tail... all done for ya FANTASTIC

best £204 Ive ever spent ( got the student version )

oh and not to forget... there tech support is second to none

My work order me a copy and i hope they got the one with the DVD set.... They Better have

Don't you think it is werid that they are giving away an ATI Card. I thought ATI cards have had its share of problem with softimage? Am i wrong?

Don't you think it is werid that they are giving away an ATI Card. I thought ATI cards have had its share of problem with softimage? Am i wrong?
    Most of those problems occured with gaming cards (Radeon...).

Huuuuummmm...

They are really trying to temp me here.

Tell me: How do you like the particles and physics inside SoftImage XSI? I've been told that this is the weakness. The support for Mental Ray is utterly killer. The character rigging and animation is supposed to be utterly killer. The cloth and hair is utterly killer (if you buy that high). However, I have been told that the particles and physics are behind something like Particle Flow and Reactor?

What do you think? Anyone have a comment on this?

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri

HMM... I've heard the same things...

and I have a wedding to pay for in April... so I'd better hold off.
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com