Problem with waterfall tutorial

I didnt know where to post this but since it had to do with this tutorial on XSIbase.com I thouht I post it in the general.

Anyway, I was doing this Waterfall tutorial you can find on www.xsibase.com in the tutorial section simulations and got stuck in the end when you should apply a blob shader. It says that you should select the particles cloud and then get> shader> blob but I cant find that shader.

Mayby one of you can take a look.

http://www.softimage.com/Education/X.../waterfall.pdf

Just copy the adress above.

Open rendertree and do nodes > particle > blob.
    Giggidy! Giggidy! Giggidy!

Yes Ive tried that but when i apply it and open it its not the same property editor. Maybe I dont connect it right. I connect it like it says to the surface and the shadow. but then there is a particle_vol_blob node in the tutorial connected to the volyme. What is that.

Why cant it be like the tutorial says, only to click on the get>shader>blob.

I just found the particle_vol_blob and connected it, but still the property editor for particle_blob it diffrent and I cant go on because the things that supose to be there aint.

Now I even tried to make it exacly like a completed scene that came with the program but it wont render. I used the particle_vol_fluidV2 and the Particle_fluidV2 exacly as in that scene, but in my scene it wont render out.

(feels like Im talking to myself here ;-)

It probably doesn't work on your end, cause softimage changed a lot of stuff in the particle section of XSI since this tutorial was written. So you should look out for newer particles-tutorials if you want to be able to follow them.

If you want to apply the blob-shader, you have to switch the dropdown in the rendertree from "Sources.Materials.DefaultLib.cloud_Material" to "ParTypes.Ptype". Remove Particle Shape and Particle Billboard and add the blob-shader. Unfortunately the node doesn't have any transparency settings or at least i couldn't find them.

If you want to add a water-like effect to your particles you should take a look in the tutorial book 2 in the "Simulation" section under "Tutorial 12: Particle Simulation—Creating a Liquid --> Adding Transparency and Reflection with the Blob Shader and Other Shaders". And instead of using a particle cloud, you might wanna use a fluid to begin with. A fluid will also allready have the blob-shader assigned to it.

cheers,
    daniel | schyzomaniac
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

Okey thanx but still I cant get the fluid water effect. It still looks like particles. The blobs propertyeditor is still like before and not like the one in the tutorial where you easely could make it look like water.