Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

learn japanesse(sp?)(me wanting to)

now i am a senior in high school and right now one of my life dreams is to move to japan. but there is one problem. this problem is quite a big one. i dont know japanesse. and i was wondering if anyone know a good way to learn a new language other then getting a teacher. now i would want some kind of audio so i can learn to pronounce and htings like that. and price is not object(dont know if that will matter) but i just really REALLY want to do this. thanks for your time

1) its spelled japanese
    2) search for pimsleurs on google, its wonderful
    3) nihongokakkoiidesune.
    ÆüËܸ줫¤Ã¤³¤¤¤¤¤Ç¤¹¤Í¡£
    4) bakuten at gmail.com if you got some questions, i'd love to help you, i'm trying to learn now myself.
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

well now this is embarrassing. i cant even spell my dream....lol well i cant spell well in english either and i have known it for 17 years

edit:: and i googled that and wow the one i found wast 239$ though i said price what no object that is a whole lot of money...but if it would work.....i dont know....im so conflicted
    Last edited by sadrobot; 12-14-2004 at 10:29 PM.

Well, if you were only visiting Japan I'd inform you that:
    1)Most Japanese speak very good English,
    2)However, you may have problems getting them to understand your very poor English.

Joking. Sorry couldn't help myself.

Go to the library and pick up a book that comes with audio tapes.
    Dewey decimal is 495s.

Hajime?

There are a lot of good language guides out there. Most come with a cd or tapes, or even a DVD. Harder to find though is a guide which will teach you how to read and write, which is a whole other world of hurt.

Arigato gozaimas.
    Good judgement comes from good experience, which grows from bad experience borne of bad judgement. Make mistakes, experience, learn.

gmanx.com

Hi,
    At the moment I am a final year student in a Japanese and Spanish degree at Oxford Brookes University (which is not a part of the big famous Oxford down the road a bit) and I would love to give you some advice about books and learning methods. I also have spent a year abroad in Tokyo and not no be a critic on what Ko-Bold said but in Tokyo there were a lot of people who didn't speak English, well, most of the English education in Japanese schools is based on grammar and reading and writing and very little speaking.

If money is no object and your grades are good then I would try and get into down the road Oxford, otherwise please feel free to contact me and I will try and help you out, and anyone else interested, vincent.darren (at) gmail.com

¥Ð¡¼¥º¤Î¥µ¡¼¥Ð¡¼¤ÇÆüËÜ¸ì¤ ò»È¤¨¤ë¡©¡¡ÃΤé¤Ê¤«¤Ã¤¿¡ª

here how some way to lend japanese ,japanese movie ,tv read the sud title but the best way is getting a teacher and Most Japanese are very good at reading English but not very good at speak English .japanese movie are good ican't speak japanese very good but most time i know what they mine in the movie

may I ask why you have a dream to move to japan? I have never been myself but it doesn't really attract me as a holiday destination for instance.
    Last edited by Arimus; 12-15-2004 at 05:22 AM.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

I remember reading on AWN.com sometime ago the story of a guy that moved to japan and eventually became an anime artist (after a long time, though)... basically one of the things he said was that he took a course in japanese before moving there, but once he got there he still had to take intensive courses for 2 years before he could speak it fluently. I'll see if I can find the article.
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Learning Japanese...

Sadrobot,

Pimsluer Japanese is one of the best audio resources available as mentioned before.

However, I recommend Basic Japanese I and II. It's an old video series NHK broadcasted. There are about 54 episodes and despite being somewhat outdated, it's very good. Let me know if you want them as I have them all.

Another way to learn is to watch anime and japanese dramas (jdorama). There are some good fansubbing sites out there like d-addicts.com. They also have boards too...

As far as books, Japanese for Busy People (Kana version) series is a good start. And do get a Furigana Dictionary. Try not to bother with romaji since that doesn't help with pronounciation... Most books published by Kodansha are pretty good.

Very important: Learn the kana. Practice kana by writing hirigana and katakana. Everything is written in katakana here... Do Kanji after you get the hirigana and katakana down.

If you seriously want to come to Japan but don't have the money, you can always come a teach english here. That's what I did and now I get paid to see the country and learn the language. But you need your bachelor's degree before you can apply though.

Some things I've noticed since I been here: Yes, in Tokyo most can speak english, but they usually don't. Outside of Tokyo, it is hard to find anyone who can speak english. They have some english, but it's usually, "hello, my name is...." But if you can gesture, you can be understood sometimes.

Let me know if how it goes... I'm still learning it myself and I live here! But if you are determined, you will pick it up without too much problems. Ganbatte ne!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast