Display Polycount in XSI?

Hi again ,I've seen this somewhere on a video Tut but cant find it now.Also is there a way to display the wireframe on the shaded model in the viewport (I miss it from Maya)...cheers again for your swift and informative advice

EDIT// Lovely thanks for that...
    Last edited by Lewi; 12-15-2004 at 11:18 AM.

Use shift S to open the visibilty options and check Show selection info, scene info or both under the stats category.
    Last edited by mrmacca; 12-14-2004 at 05:28 PM.

Re: Display Polycount in XSI?

Originally posted by Lewi
    Also is there a way to display the wireframe on the shaded model in the viewport
    Click on your display type (i.e. Shaded, Wireframe) and go to "Display Options..." at the bottom. There, under "Shaded Mode Wireframe Highlight" activate the second checkbox next to "Show Wireframe on Unselected Objects". Voila!

My personal preference is also to deactivate "Show Simplified Subdivision Wireframe" so that i get a better representation of the topology when working in Subdivisions-Mode (+/- Key). Give it a try and see if you like it.

Happy modeling,
    daniel | schyzomaniac

//edit:
    And while in that property page go a little bit further down until you see the section "Head Light (overrides all other lights)". Try activating the first checkbox "Enable Head Light" and maybe the second too. This will activate a light which is constrained to your camera. When you're done modeling and you want to place your real scene lights, deactivate this option again.
    Last edited by schyzomaniac; 12-15-2004 at 12:57 PM.
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

Excellent cheers again..much better.I like the "deactivate Show Simplified Wireframe" tip thats nice.Yeah and the headlight I found already but its really good for showing up the shading compared to a fixed working lighting....I'm sure I'll be back with more but I'm really enjoying this software...