Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wow this should be stickied
    b/c this is a big problem for new users of vs.net 2005

*trust me i know i have tried to help quite a few people with this problwm *

Write a sum up and i will put it in the faq's then you can just link it.

edit:

Ok i just found a sum up of it i can add that to the FAQ until you write a new one if you want to.
    Last edited by percent20; 01-12-2005 at 05:57 PM.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Originally posted by percent20
    Write a sum up and i will put it in the faq's then you can just link it.

edit:

Ok i just found a sum up of it i can add that to the FAQ until you write a new one if you want to.
    #include <windows.h> Error

Do you get this error?
    Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory?

You need to download the SDK Update here (http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/.../downlevel.htm)

Step 1. Install Visual C++ 2005 Express.
    If you haven't done so, install Visual C++ 2005 Express by following the instructions here.

Step 2. Install the Microsoft Platform SDK.
    You can install the Platform SDK over the Web from the Platform SDK Update site. On that page click Download and then make sure to choose Windows SDK and then Core SDK from the list.

Step 3. Update the Visual C++ Directories in the Projects and Solutions section in the Options dialog box. Directories found In:
    Tools > options > project and solutions > VC++ Directories

In that section, you'll want to add the paths to the appropriate subsection:

Executable files - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Bin
    Include files - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include
    Library files - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\lib
    Step 4. Update the corewin_express.vsprops file.
    You just need to take one more step to make the Win32 template work in express. You need to edit the corewin_express.vsprops file (found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCProjectDefaults) and change the string that reads:

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib"

to

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib"

Step 5. Generate and build a Win32 application to test your paths.
    From the File menu, click New Project. In the New Project dialog box, expand the Visual C++ node in the Product Types tree and then click Win32. Click on the Win32 Template and then give your project a name and click OK. In the Win32 Application Wizard dialog box, make sure that Windows application is selected as the Application type and the ATL is not selected. Click the Finish button to generate the project.

As a final step, you should test your project by clicking the Start button in the IDE or by pressing F5. Your Win32 application should build and run,

but who reads the faq???

its already in there

thread needs to be stickied i think

ok it is added to the FAQ's

Honestly i know quite a few people that read FAQ's go ahead and just link the FAQ's and i will lock the thread if i see it i want to do this for kind of a push for people to actually read the FAQ's because honestley it is one of if not the best FAQ i have ever seen we have a great group of people that put it together.

so basically i just want to push the FAQ's
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

i do also but this question and the system("pause")

questions are getting old fast................but we will see
    but i agree people wh read the faqs rule

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12