Soften Edges in XSI?

Hi ,in Maya you can select edges and harden or soften them .I can only see an option to harden them so are they all created soft? I was also wondering what the easiest way to see your model in a faceted style no smoothing? And while Im on a roll is there a way to lock reference images in the rotoscope view so they dont move but you can still track or zoom in and out to see detail...Cheers..

You can use the geometry approximation (Select -> Selection -> Geometry Approximatioin) to define the smoothing angle of your object. If you set it to zero, than you will also have a faceted representation of your object.
    To lock the the rotoscope image in your viewport, just click the magnifier glass icon next to x y z.

daniel | schyzomaniac
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

Thanks alot for that, much joy and smoothness now and less squinting at the rotoscope reference.

While I'm here I was wondering how the best way to bake some lighting on the UV mapping as a guide for the Painted map in Photoshop.I was thinking of doing a few different coloured lighting setups for different areas of the model and then some fake HDRI lightdome,and lastly a highlight and specular pass.

Thanks to my friend at Ubisoft, I have the answer:

You select your object. You go to the render menu (3). In the GET section, press PROPERTY button. Select RENDER MAP. In the pop up menu, set where your file will be, the resolution and keep SURFACE COLOR. Select the drop down menu of UV COORDINATE to get the UV you want for your object (usualy, the same you used to apply the texture), and click on the upper left button GENERATE MAP. Bingo, you have a new texture with all the lighting incorporated.
    Since I gave up hope, i feel much better.

Brilliant , thanks,just what I wanted