Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You have got to be kidding me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...153178193&rd=1

Youd have to be a pretty sad individual to bid on that.
    "Booleans are for wankers and beginners!"
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

It wouldn't be the first time a game character gets sold on ebay. I worked with a guy that sold his Everquest or Ultima Online character for more than $1000.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

lol thats pretty funny
    0 bids and at $500 i wonder why

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

I've played hundreds of mmorpg's and just about everyone of them people always sell accounts/items over ebay, from what ive heard its a rather common thing to do over in korea and alot of people make a living off doing this. Although in every mmorpg ive played its always been against the rules but they still dont seem to get caught.

I think this kind of stuff has a bad effect on the games. When you got people that are just doing this for a source of money, they no longer try to have fun, which usually ends with other people not having fun due to them. It also tends to flood the economies with money.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

i dont know what would be worse.. being th person who bids $500 for that character.. or the person who has no life who built up that character.

Belive it or not people play their favourite games and make loads of money for it. I dont know why BUT people acually buy these things!

Most of the time, the reason is that people want to experience the high-level game without actually playing through the other levels.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

Originally posted by Overmind1984
    Most of the time, the reason is that people want to experience the high-level game without actually playing through the other levels.
    I think that would ruin the game for them. They might not think so but its almost like playing a game for the very first time with cheats, you don't get the full experience if you do that.

Originally posted by Twisted
    I've played hundreds of mmorpg's and just about everyone of them people always sell accounts/items over ebay, from what ive heard its a rather common thing to do over in korea and alot of people make a living off doing this. Although in every mmorpg ive played its always been against the rules but they still dont seem to get caught.
    A couple years ago, an economist calculated that in terms of real world money, Everquest currency is worth more than the Japanese yen or the Spanish peseta, that players earn about $3.42 an hour playing it, and that the Everquest universe has a real world gross national product greater than Bulgaria or Indonesia, and just under Russia. And yes, there are quite a number of people who make a living doing this. I remember reading about a company in the business that employs over 100 people. Some companies even act as MMORPG "brokers", allowing you to trade your in-game money or items for real cash.

Oh, and let's not forget the Gaming Open Market!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast