Make particles stay on curve

Ive constrained a particle cloud to a curve. And when it moves the particles moves with it. But I want the particles witch already left the cloud to get stuck on the place on the curve where they left the cloud, if you know what I mean.

Hope someone knows.

If you want immobile particules, you could 'freeze' them. I think i would work. Not sure what your trying to acheive.
    Since I gave up hope, i feel much better.

Where can i find the freeze button because I guess it should be somewhere in the clouds propertyeditor.

Im trying to make for example, I have a text and I want the particles to move on this text, and every part on the text it touches will get some particles on it. So it looks like the particles is writing.

(Sorry for my English, I hardly ever use it so it look terrible ;-)

I am still not sure what you try to acheive, but i think I start to understand.

You make a cloud of particules that goes freely. You could get an attractor for this cloud so it goes toward your modeled and invisible texte.

When the particules gets all over your texte, you make a second particules cloud that are emited from your text for a short amount of time. If you give them no speed and you make them live forever, it will look like your text is made out of particules.

If there is a specific shape made by your particules that you wanna keep, you just freeze theme. EDIT MENU (bottom-right) - FREEZE. They will stay at the place they currently are.
    Since I gave up hope, i feel much better.

If i understand you correctly you want to create some sort of trail - smoke-trail, fire-trail, etc.
    I'm no particle guy at all and i just spend about five minutes or so on a simple scene. But here's what i came up with:

First constrain the emitter and not the particle cloud to the path. Then animate the percentage of the path with two keyframes, so the emitter will travel over time along the path. But i guess you allready did that.
    When you hit play now, the particles will shoot in every direction instead of sitting on the path. They way i "solved" this now was to lower the "Allowed Linear Velocity Range - Max-Value" in the PType -> General Tab at the bottom from 100.000 to 0. So now the particles don't have any velocity and will stay where they've been emitted. If you want them to stay on the path for the whole time, either increase their life-time or set "Live Forever" in the Life-Section to true.

As i said above, i'm no particle expert and the way i did it may cause a lot of other issues for you. So no garantee that it'll solve all your problems.

But have fun trying it out and let me know if it works for you.

Don't play with fire,
    daniel | schyzomaniac

//edit:
    P.S. For some small variation and subtle movement of the particles, set the Max-Value to a very low number like 0.3 or 0.5. It'll make your particles make look less static.
    Last edited by schyzomaniac; 12-09-2004 at 06:08 AM.
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

Thanx alot both of you. I tried schyzomaniacs way first and it worked perfect. But thanx to both of you...Im so happy ;-)

Since I cant figure out how to make particles to flames I was wondering if its possible to take the explotion and do the same? Ive tried it but the explotion is all over the place, it wont stay still.