Resetting Pivot points

Hello Im new to xsi , i normaly use Max .

How do i chose my objects pivot point?

By selecting the object and pressing the "center" button on the right (under select) you can then manipulate the center.
    Giggidy! Giggidy! Giggidy!

What tuna said +

If you want to center your pivot point, select your object and then do:
    Transform -> Move Center to Vertices

The cool thing about this is: If you want to position your pivot point between two points (or more), this command comes in very handy. Just select those two points and trigger the command again. Voila! Your center is in the middle of those vertices.

If you want to modify your pivot manually in a quickly manner - activate a Transformation-Tool and hold down the alt-key. You'll see that the axis changes to a point that indicates you're in "pivot mode". With the temporarily snapping capabilities you're able to move it very fast within or on the surface of your object. Now, the cool thing is: If you want to rotate your object for example around a specific point but you want the pivot to stay in the center, the alt-method is the way to go. Modify your pivot as described above. Do your roations. If you now deselect your object and reselect it, you'll recognize that your pivot is where it was before your rotations. You can also do this without deselecting. When changing the pivot, you'll see that it turns yellow with an arrow below. Click the arrow and either choose reset or lock, for permanently locking it to the new position.

XSI got some very powerfull pivot-tools! You should really take the time to check them out in depth. It'll help you to speed up your workflow.

cheers,
    daniel | schyzomaniac
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

Originally posted by schyzomaniac

If you want to center your pivot point, select your object and then do:
    Transform -> Move Center to Vertices

Ahh cool, I always just used the centercenter script. This sounds nicer.
    Giggidy! Giggidy! Giggidy!

Inside your kinematics page (cntrl-K) there is also another animatable pivot. A little more tricky sometimes as you should animate the compensation at the same time.

Chin

AgentXen,
    XSI is a great piece of software, but it may not be that straight forward to learn by simply clicking around interface/menus.
    Well no software is easy to learn like that unless we talk about some really simple application...

Anyway what I mean is this... if you want to get the best out of XSI (in your own interest) study it and enjoy it... go thoguh the online help/tutorials, book and DVDs if you have any.

By all means keep asking questions on forums, nothing wrong with that... but to give you an example... I read all about pivot points some time ago... and when it came to it BOOM I knew how to use them and I have to waste no time to use Pivot points to my advantage...

A bit like a car.. get a driving license first... then drive
    Well acutally do both at once it may work even better!!

keep it up